Ultimate Seat..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Seat.....

Quote Originally Posted by fl1madmax View Post
    I have had 4 Ultimate seats and do many 600 mile day rides, SEAT IS IMPORTANT ! I'll wait for them, I live 100 miles south of their Ormand Beach dealership, I figure $900
    for seat and both Back rests, cant wait. Me and 5 others did 10,000 miles in 27 days , entire US, from Florida to Sturgis, out west and back was best month of my life. and cant wait to do it again on my F6B, ride safe JB

Bunch of Short Distance Riders ! See, you are limited to only riding 600 miles a day, because of that ^%^#$&* Ultimate Seat.
    Now, if you would step up and buy a Russell Day-Long Saddle, you would find there are no limits. 1500 miles a day...no problem. 2000 miles a day...no problem.

Silly rabbit, Ultimate seats are for tricks, while a Russell seat is for treats.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Bunch of Short Distance Riders ! See, you are limited to only riding 600 miles a day, because of that ^%^#$&* Ultimate Seat.
    Now, if you would step up and buy a Russell Day-Long Saddle, you would find there are no limits. 1500 miles a day...no problem. 2000 miles a day...no problem.

Silly rabbit, Ultimate seats are for tricks, while a Russell seat is for treats.
    I don't have any experience with Ultimate but have had such good luck with Russell that mine is being built right now. I also can't atest to 2000 mile days but it will go 1200 no problem. The key other than design is they engineer it to fit your height, weight, inseam and reach. Each one is built for the rider and can overcome some of the inherent ergonomics of the bike. I have not ever had the time to ride out for a fitment but send them the required photos and specs and have no regrets on the 3 previous seats. One of the issues is that you have to send your seat out to them because they utilize the stock seat pan but I bought a take off seat from a forum member and sent it instead. Once I get my Day-Long I will either offer it for sale or "rent" it to you while yours is getting built.

Oh...the old Rent a Seat business...

I like that...buy an extra seat, and rent it out to folks that need to send their seats in. Cooooooollllll

Miles, can you post a pic of the Day Long on your bike.
    Just bought my F6B this afternoon and will be picking it up on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by photodiver View Post
    Miles, can you post a pic of the Day Long on your bike.
    Just bought my F6B this afternoon and will be picking it up on Tuesday.
    I will do this a second time, as I typed out a LONG response to this, and it did not save it.

Here are the pictures of my Russell Day-Long Saddle

Russell seat 008.jpgRussell seat 006.jpgRussell seat 004.jpgRussell seat 002.jpgRussell seat 001.jpg

This is my 11th seat from Russell, and the best one they have built for me thus far. I have in fact tried several other aftermarket seat manufacturers, and have learned the lesson that I personally will never use anyone else, ever again, other than Russell Cycle Products. The other seats I have tried...just to be fair...are a Corbin seat for my ST-1100, an Ultimate seat for my Royal Star Midnight Tour Deluxe, and a few Rick Mayer seats for my BMW R1100RT, my Suzuki Burgman 650, and my Honda F6B. In the long run, for riding comfort and additional distance every day, the Russell seat is the only one that works for ME.

Russell Cycle Producs is a small company, employing about 12 people, and located 7 miles North of Redding, Calif. They are about 1 mile off of Interstate 5, just West of the Interstate. Because of location, I always go to them and have my seat made in person. When you have that one person ride in appointment, they give you their full attention, and you are the ONLY customer they SEE that day. Anyone else that shows up is also shown the door. Really ! Russell Cycle Products is currently owned by Terry Bradford, and the office manager is Kim. They usually make ride-in appointments for a couple months in advance. Every seat made there is a custom one-off seat, as they use YOUR seat pan to make the seat. They do NOT have generic one-size-fits-all seats sitting on the shelves. If you decide to send your seat to them, it will actually get done sooner, quicker, and is still warrantied to fit you.

If you are into long distance riding, this is THEE seat for you. If you want riding Comfort...rather than a parking lot show bike...then this is THEE seat for you. If you have a bad back, a ruptured disc, a compressed disc, etc, then this is THEE seat for you. Russell seats are the ONLY seats made that is SPRUNG internally. They are made for COMFORT...for riding additional miles in comfort...and not to be trailered to the local, bike show, to show off your bling.

There is a very good reason why 80 to 85 % of the 100 bikes that are at the starting line for the bi-annual Iron Butt Rally have a Russell Day-Long saddle on them. Of those remaining 15 to 20 bikes...about 5 to 10 of them will have a Rick Mayer seat on them, and you MAY find one Corbin seat, maybe one Ultimate seat, and maybe one of something else. That shows you that 80 to 85 % of the riders that qualified to ride THEE Big Show, the 11,000 miles in 11 days Iron Butt Rally, made the decision to use a Russell Day-Long saddle, and ride in comfort.

Now, as we have said 1000 times before, every BODY has a slightly different butt, and if the contact pressure points on your butt allow you to use a different seat...and if that differwent seats works for you, then GREAT. I am happy, that you are happy.

And I am NOT suggesting that you must use a Russell seat like I do, just because of my experiences in mileage and comfort. Life is all about choices, and we are each responsible for making the individual choices that suit us best...individually.

For me...I will never again spend a single dime (or a lot of dimes) on any aftermarket seat, other than a Russell Day-Long saddle, made with a Velour seating area where I sit. It is cool in the summer, and warm in the winter...meaning I do not sweat to the seat in the summer, and do not freeze to the seat in the winter. Just because I do 1000 mile days, day after day, or 1500 mile days occassionally, or the rare 2000 + mile day, does not mean that is your bag in life. You may be content riding 300 miles that day, and calling it a day. That is cool.

But my responsibility to this riding community is to give you the info, the tools, to share my experiences, and then allow you to make your own decisions.

Thank you Miles. Sorry you had to retype all of that. I toured the plant on my way back from Oregon one time, figured I would get one of their seats for my VTX. Got in a hurry and put on a Ultimate instead. The Ultimate was a lot better for me than the Mustang that I had on it. The Day-long doesn't look as nice as some of the others, but when your butt is on it nobody can see it anyway. Comfort is the key, when your butt hurts you are not enjoying the ride.
    I will be getting a Day-long.

Quote Originally Posted by photodiver View Post
    Thank you Miles. Sorry you had to retype all of that. I toured the plant on my way back from Oregon one time, figured I would get one of their seats for my VTX. Got in a hurry and put on a Ultimate instead. The Ultimate was a lot better for me than the Mustang that I had on it. The Day-long doesn't look as nice as some of the others, but when your butt is on it nobody can see it anyway. Comfort is the key, when your butt hurts you are not enjoying the ride.
    I will be getting a Day-long.
    Hey John, want to ride up together and spend a couple days with a rental car checking out the area while Russel builds those seats for us??

fl1madmax

Up Date on Ultimate Seats, yes TWO Mid Rider and KING seat

Quote Originally Posted by TennX View Post
    Just a FYI in case your interested....ultimate seat for the F6B won't be available till late August....

Hi Philip, our new F6B seat will not be ready until late August earliest.
    Thanks
    Des
    I went to Ultimate yesterday, and the had a F6B seat only in Foam, no cover yet, its called the Mid Rider, Beautiful, Soft, and will be ready Oktoberfest, BUT the best one is going to be the KING, not ready till Feb, it BACKS YOU UP 1 1/2 INCHES FROM MID RIDER, AND THAT'S WHAT I NEED BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE A GRASSHOPPER ON STOCK SEAT, DUAL BACK REST, I'M WAITING FOR KING, I have had 4 total Ultimate seats and I love them.......ride safe, I'm on my property in NE Georgia, right on 129, cant wait to retire, one more year ! When I retire I'm going to take 3 months to
    do US on my F6B, and then relax !

We need to talk about this Jesse, thinking next May.

Customization of F6b seat.

Wow the Russel and Ulyimate seats sound great and I will certainly check hem out. In the meantime, I had my saddle "modified" by Don Clancy of Clancy's Racing Shop in Cotati, Ca. He is a rider and an expert uphoulsterer as well as mechanic. Even has a sense of humor but did not laugh when I explained that my short legs and arms made the F6b a bit unstable at stoplights and in parking lots. Since I had no comfort issues and tend more toward shorter and faster riding style, the solution was to remove a strategic bit of foam and to reduce the rigidly of the fronto-lateral contours of the seat (sorry for the surgeon speak) so that my feet can touch the ground flat footed. Quite an achievement when you realize I have a 30" inseam and size 8.5 shoes! My ride is now more comfortable at stops with no noticeable loss of sitzplatz--in fact, I now have a bit of back support when I scoot back against passenger area since it was not lowered, and my package has more room to spread out while riding. Now if only I could find a way to bring my Iso Grips a bit closer to me...