Extended Service Plan - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Extended Service Plan

Speaking from experience, the OEM service contract is always better than the Non OEM extended service plans but they also tend to be more expensive unless the dealer discounts them. One thing to watch for is the time period on these contracts. Since our bikes already come with a three year warranty, does a four year plan just buy an additional year of coverage or does the plan start when the OEM warranty ends. Be careful and read the fine print.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by ISLANDER1089 View Post
    Speaking from experience, the OEM service contract is always better than the Non OEM extended service plans but they also tend to be more expensive unless the dealer discounts them. One thing to watch for is the time period on these contracts. Since our bikes already come with a three year warranty, does a four year plan just buy an additional year of coverage or does the plan start when the OEM warranty ends. Be careful and read the fine print.
    My OEM Extended starts when the original warranty stops.
    Got the paperwork stating I'm covered to April of 2021.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

+1, but there was also an option to go with another Ins Co,The Zurich warranty adding 48 months retails for $950 and we offer a web price of $685. This warranty offers the same protection as HondaCare plus it gives you trip interruption protection (reimbursement for food and lodging expenses up to $75 per day for three days if you break down more than 100 miles from home plus a substitute vehicle up to $30 per day with a maximum of $180). This $0 deductible warranty can be used at any motorcycle dealership with certified mechanics. This will overlap your motorcycle's existing warranty for the 'trip interruption' aspect, and then add 4 more years. Service would be available at any ASE certified motorcycle dealership in the US, Canada or Mexico. Options are available for a $50 deductible warranty, with lower prices, if that interests you.

So there are those options available as well, that might fit your situation.

I rather stick with Honda, been told many horror stories with other insurance Co in the past, just saying.