Extended Service Plan - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extended Service Plan

Thanks for the replies, done a little investigation myself this morning in pricing, and found the last post prior to mine to be very accurate in the ballpark of what is available out there in pricing.

I decided to purchase now rather then later, the reason being that my towing coverage would be available now, so I have 7 yrs of road side assistance.

I cancelled my towing policy with my M/C Insurance(Progressive $6 a yr policy) for it did not cover as much and has limitations as to where you can break down(do not break down in service station) has to be on the road .

I leave you with contact info, I had transactions before with this store and found them to straight up, so today I tried their finance department and same result, pleasure to work with.

John Evans
    Business Manager
    Blue Ridge Powersports
    540-434-7345
    540-434-8982 Fax
    jevans@blueridgepowersports.com

Road Hazard is worth the money

I had a friend that hit a chunk of steel at a railroad crossing and it took out both tires on his bike, by the time it was all said and done, getting the bike picked up and having it hauled to a dealer 75 miles away it was a 1200.00 dollar bill to cover it. He had no road hazard insurance.

insurance

road hazard insurance included with motorcycle insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I had a friend that hit a chunk of steel at a railroad crossing and it took out both tires on his bike, by the time it was all said and done, getting the bike picked up and having it hauled to a dealer 75 miles away it was a 1200.00 dollar bill to cover it. He had no road hazard insurance.
    I carry two credit cards, one since 1981, the other since the 90's. I was pleasantly surprised last year to find that one of them offers road service, such as towing, free of charge.

Yes Progressive Ins offers it for $6 per year with the MC Policy.

Just make sure you understand the terms, there are limitations.

I wanted to change my statement about road hazard. (I may be wrong) I think with the Honda plan when you get the added part it is road side assistance (towing, gas, jump start, locksmith, etc...) not road hazard where they replace your tire etc...

Do you guys have road hazard for your tires?

Where did you buy that?

Steve

I always buy the road hazard for my car tires and it has paid off several times. I have three daughters and with me being a crazy driver like on the motorcycle we all have hit something or had nails etc... in our tires at some point.

Where can I buy road hazard for the motorcycle tires? (I have needed on the bike three times in the last 5 years / I must have bad luck with tires) At least the road debris has never caused me to wreck the bike. I have had to ride home on a flat 2 times in the last 5 years on the bikes. I also had to patch a tire on my Harley and check the air every day for over a year to save a new tire that had a nail hole.

Steve

Steve you are Right with the road side assistance, and correct that it does not cover tires(road hazard).

I have no knowledge of a third party carrier covering tires already on the vehicle, that option of insurance is sometimes offered at point of sale, but I would be curious to as to who offers at what price?

Max

I did extended with Road side assistance and the tire replacement. So far I only replaced my Battery, 1 year and 1 week after I bought the bike.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

How did you get the tire replacement? Was it through Honda?

Steve