Leg up Landin Gear just info not a debate

Thread: Leg up Landin Gear just info not a debate

Leg up Landin Gear just info not a debate

I wanted to share this information because I know several people on this site including me would like to have more control over the bike in tricky situations and don't want to go to a trike or trike adapter. installed a set of generation 2 Leg up landin gear on my f6b since it doesn't have a reverse. I have to say, Pete and Ben who sell them were extremely helpful during the install answering every question I had and I had a few! They work really well for my purposes. Backing into parking spaces, moving the bike around in tight areas and to some extent in those really challenging situations I tend to get into with a 750+ lb? bike. Still learning to use them starting and stoping but hope to master that soon. They do seem to give me a lot more comfort and freedom in challenging situations. BUT, they emphasize that they may not hold the bike up in every situation. They fold up under the passenger foot rests. I was able to get a used pair of OEM GW passenger foot rests used and they work very well. They are almost unnoticeable when stored. Also, they are designed to retract at speeds over 8 mph. That's why I am curious about how other f6b owners may be using them or have seen them used.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Fantastic! I hope these guys got patented.

I'm sure they have. 2nd generation works very well when needed. Makes managing backing up and other tight maneuvers much easier. I ride everywhere and use the bike as my car. They have really been an asset.

Looks good, interesting design, I like it better than most trikes. It doesn't add as much weight as a trike kit does and the best part is you can still lean while riding! It looks high tech.