Definitely a Morning for full wind protection

Thread: Definitely a Morning for full wind protection

Definitely a Morning for full wind protection

Rode to my CVMA chapter meeting this morning. 20 degrees when I left the house. Put the clear additional section up on the Baggershield. Not bad. I was the only one besides one other late comer who did not show up in a cage.

Not quite as cold around here, but yesterday when I left the Hill Country it was 37 degrees out and 4 hours later it was 46 degrees which for South TX is damn cold. The F6B handled it like a champ. My hands were a little cold at first, but once it got above 40 degrees all was well. I never thought heated grips were necessary in TX, but they sure would have been nice yesterday.

I rode yesterday and today. Temps were 37 and 47 respectively. I have the heated grips and use them quite often here in North Texas. Mainly, I get by with wearing lightweight gloves. I have not put on my heavy gloves since buying the F6B in Feb '13, some 25,000 miles ago. Also, these were the first rides with my new F4 Customs windshield. The combination of the new windshield and my Baker Built mirror mounted wings kept my nice and comfortable, even in 20 mph winds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Normal in CT

I know I'm not all better, but I did crack a grin.
    I'm usually talking about the cold and envious of the southern states that have that warm weather. This weather pattern has brought some of the northern temps south.
    At least you can look forward to that pattern moving on. Up here the daytime temps will be 30-40 on nice days and much colder as winter moves in.
    The good news is the snow that came on Friday is gone. I hope to ride tomorrow. Full wind protection and layers of "Freeze Out". Should be around 28 degrees in AM and heating up to around 40.
    I want to move....

Rode to Gila Bend and Painted Rock. Beautiful day!

Attachment 9669

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    I know I'm not all better, but I did crack a grin.
    I'm usually talking about the cold and envious of the southern states that have that warm weather. This weather pattern has brought some of the northern temps south.
    At least you can look forward to that pattern moving on. Up here the daytime temps will be 30-40 on nice days and much colder as winter moves in.
    The good news is the snow that came on Friday is gone. I hope to ride tomorrow. Full wind protection and layers of "Freeze Out". Should be around 28 degrees in AM and heating up to around 40.
    I want to move....
    Normal daytime temps around here should be in the 70s this time of year. We don't usually hit the 50s until December/January and even then it's usually for only a week or two. Last winter was the coldest I recall and this winter is shaping up to be worse. I'm actually from NYC, but after living in CA, GA and TX for the last 20 years there is no way I'll ever move back to NY. Texas Hill country is about as perfect as it gets for riding bikes year round and affordable living. Once I retire that's where I plan to live full time and spend the summer months in the Pacific Northwest.