TPMS... DIY and Design Anatomy

Thread: TPMS... DIY and Design Anatomy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Thanks Phantom!

I've also been working ......

srt8, I think that's an understatement!!! You are serious about this thing!! Get er done!!

Haha thanks Flyer; I hope I can get it all together before long.

To illustrate the transmission options, I reduced the packet count to 4 in this video and maxed out the time between each of the four packets. I have the program compiler in debug mode and you can hear me clicking the keyboard to initiate each transmission; when the chip is programmed it'll do this automatically.

This looks great! I'm sure you will have many board members wanting this! I'm pretty lazy so having this tell me the tire pressures is the cat in pajamas!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Thanks John. I didn't start this project with the intent of selling them but if people like it...

I love creativity !!!!

From engineering point of view , this is very nobel project . In automotive business , such a conveniences are noted and practiced already . If you are so skilled and have desire to see those improvements in Goldwing's future production , I'd suggest to present your ideas to Mother Honda , which might provide obvious benefits for the owners of incoming models . Until now the only few motorcycle companies offer such a displays . Kudos for sharing . I might follow your improvements , so please do not hide any future and so "bright" enlightenments ...

I think Honda could have very easily made a better TPMS but that they have their reasons for deciding not to do so. It's a shame really, considering that tire pressure is so important on bikes.

I'm working on the RF link between the sensor transmitter and the display receiver. Once I'm past this, things should move pretty quickly.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    I think Honda could have very easily made a better TPMS but that they have their reasons for deciding not to do so. It's a shame really, considering that tire pressure is so important on bikes.

I'm working on the RF link between the sensor transmitter and the display receiver. Once I'm past this, things should move pretty quickly.
    Some trivia .....Honda has had TPMS sensors on their Full Goldwings for a few years.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

You are right there, all Honda had to do is use the same one that has been on C-14's since 2008 or so. Worked great and after checking many times with different pressure gauges it was very accurate!!! I hated the one on my 12 Wing. What's the since of doing it without a read out of the pressure. The one you are making looks like the real deal!!