Windshields for the F6B ?

Thread: Windshields for the F6B ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

clearview shield

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    A couple of questions: Is it clear. Does it have the recurve top. How much do you want for it. Thanks. I live close to you.
    Does $90.00 sound fair (shipping not included)?

clearview shield

Quote Originally Posted by gmorstad View Post
    Does $90.00 sound fair (shipping not included)?
    Sorry, missed part of the question. It has a light gray tint.

So I've been using a 13" medium grey Madstad shield for a year now and was impressed with its wind management . Problem I was finding was the medium grey is a little too dark for me when raised up for highway use. Checked with Madstad about replacing it with a clear or light grey but decided to put my Honda tall shield back on for the time being. Finding that with adjusting the vent and the mirror wings I can get quite a good manageable sweet spot in the cockpit. Yesterday was out for a ride on the highway and all of a sudden I get 20 or so bees come flying at me and right into the windshield. What a mess. Anyway I don't think the Madstad would have protected me like the Honda shield but I've never come across a situation like that. Honda screen is staying on for now.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    So I've been using a 13" medium grey Madstad shield for a year now and was impressed with its wind management . Problem I was finding was the medium grey is a little too dark for me when raised up for highway use. Checked with Madstad about replacing it with a clear or light grey but decided to put my Honda tall shield back on for the time being. Finding that with adjusting the vent and the mirror wings I can get quite a good manageable sweet spot in the cockpit. Yesterday was out for a ride on the highway and all of a sudden I get 20 or so bees come flying at me and right into the windshield. What a mess. Anyway I don't think the Madstad would have protected me like the Honda shield but I've never come across a situation like that. Honda screen is staying on for now.
    DaWadd, you are the first person I have read about that went back to a regular shield from a Madstadd. What gives.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    DaWadd, you are the first person I have read about that went back to a regular shield from a Madstadd. What gives.
    You know, every once in a while, a member of a cult escapes!
    Albuquerque, NM