Windshields for the F6B ?

Thread: Windshields for the F6B ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cee Bailey's 11 inch clear stock seat works great I am 5'7-8" depending on slouch, lol.
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170

I had a Windvest on my Road Glide and I really liked it. They are producing one for the F6B now, hopefully I will have mine in the next two weeks.

I just installed the 13" CEE BAILEYS with the vent and it works great. It was well made, and the vent looks like it will hold up to a lot of wear. I'm 5'11", 32 inch inseam and the wind hits me near the top of the helmet. Heat is more of an issue with me than the cold, which is why I wanted as short of a shield that I could get and still get wind protection. I don't know how you guys survive in Florida and Texas. I'd rather have 60 degrees than 80.

I tried riding without a visor on my full face HJC helmet and I can feel some changing wind on, and around my glasses. Not strong at all, but I think it would dry my eyes out on a long ride without better eye gear. I tried this because even with the 13" shield, I get visor vibration unless it is fully closed. On my last bike, with no shielding at all, I could leave the visor cracked open with no issues. It only vibrates over 40 -45 mph.

I will replace my helmet with a better helmet, with better ventilation, and better aerodynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadWeary View Post
    I just installed the 13" CEE BAILEYS with the vent and it works great. It was well made, and the vent looks like it will hold up to a lot of wear. I'm 5'11", 32 inch inseam and the wind hits me near the top of the helmet. Heat is more of an issue with me than the cold, which is why I wanted as short of a shield that I could get and still get wind protection. I don't know how you guys survive in Florida and Texas. I'd rather have 60 degrees than 80.

I tried riding without a visor on my full face HJC helmet and I can feel some changing wind on, and around my glasses. Not strong at all, but I think it would dry my eyes out on a long ride without better eye gear. I tried this because even with the 13" shield, I get visor vibration unless it is fully closed. On my last bike, with no shielding at all, I could leave the visor cracked open with no issues. It only vibrates over 40 -45 mph.

I will replace my helmet with a better helmet, with better ventilation, and better aerodynamics.

I also would rather have 60 than 80, but I would also prefer 100 over 20 !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by 99m3 View Post
    I had a Windvest on my Road Glide and I really liked it. They are producing one for the F6B now, hopefully I will have mine in the next two weeks.
    i got the first proto you are gonna be very happy

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    i got the first proto you are gonna be very happy
    Is that what your currently running Smokinjoe? I can't tell from your avatar.
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono