Windshields for the F6B ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windshields for the F6B ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool 11" Adjustable Baggershield

Here's mine, F6B specific adjustable 11" - 19". It works great for me at 6' high, 11" good for around town up to 60mph, then flip it to 19" and everything is pefectly quiet again. I wanted to buy Ergomot power windshield but decided on Baggershield (at least for now!) because I think the dark tinted one just looks awesome on my black F (and Ergomot does not come tinted yet, I asked). Not to mention several hundred dollars difference. I was also amazed how simple was to install it even for someone like me who missed shop class in school. Installing Ergomot windshield scares me, and I don't have all the tools required either. But who knows, maybe in the future if it comes tinted... I do miss my power windshield on my BMW K1200LT (was black, of course).

I hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Here's mine, F6B specific adjustable 11" - 19". It works great for me at 6' high, 11" good for around town up to 60mph, then flip it to 19" and everything is pefectly quiet again. I wanted to buy Ergomot power windshield but decided on Baggershield (at least for now!) because I think the dark tinted one just looks awesome on my black F (and Ergomot does not come tinted yet, I asked). Not to mention several hundred dollars difference. I was also amazed how simple was to install it even for someone like me who missed shop class in school. Installing Ergomot windshield scares me, and I don't have all the tools required either. But who knows, maybe in the future if it comes tinted... I do miss my power windshield on my BMW K1200LT (was black, of course).

I hope this helps.
    The adjustable flip shield seems to be the best all-around option. Show Chrome Accessories (Big Bike Parts) sells a shield that looks exactly like the Baggershield. Big Bike Parts says their windshield is 11 1/2 inch to 20 inches tall and both Baggershield and Big bike Parts carry the same MSRP.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/sh...art/BBP-20-129
    Fulfilling Your Passion Since 2001.
    http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/

Just to add my two cents, first mod I did (based on your inputs from this great forum) was installing the Baggershield adjustable.
    Absolutely love it. Here in TX, even in Fall/Winter, you may have days where you want the adjustment -- cold morning ride, warm afternoon ride home, etc.

The lower is tinted and adds that sinister look to the F6B when the top is flipped down. In this configuration you can look over the shield and get some airflow (I'm 5'8") when the air is warm. Or, you can pull over, flip the shield in <60 seconds, and get full protection. I rode in this morning @ 70MPH in traffic with my face shield up jamming to tunes. Life is good.

After years of not having a shield, what the hell was I thinking . . .

Love the Madstad. Look over it like a 11", get wind blown over head like a 16".

2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    [QUOTE=chipmaker;16438]Love the Madstad. Look over it like a 11", get wind blown over head like a 16".

Wind from my 20.5" shield hits me at about the top of my helmet shield, so a 15" 'stad may very well be 'my size'. (It should be here Weds)

{My 20.5 shield is a 'Baggershield convertable' slid all the way up}

[QUOTE=Scotrod;16441]
    Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    Love the Madstad. Look over it like a 11", get wind blown over head like a 16".

Wind from my 20.5" shield hits me at about the top of my helmet shield, so a 15" 'stad may very well be 'my size'. (It should be here Weds)

{My 20.5 shield is a 'Baggershield convertable' slid all the way up}
    I think you'll like it. Take time to make fine tuning adjustments angle and height, it pays off...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    No worries, as I love to tinker,,,

I won't get any saddletime in till the weekend,,, Even then, need to take a couple weeks to test/tune/evaluate.

Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    Just to add my two cents, first mod I did (based on your inputs from this great forum) was installing the Baggershield adjustable.
    Absolutely love it. Here in TX, even in Fall/Winter, you may have days where you want the adjustment -- cold morning ride, warm afternoon ride home, etc.

The lower is tinted and adds that sinister look to the F6B when the top is flipped down. In this configuration you can look over the shield and get some airflow (I'm 5'8") when the air is warm. Or, you can pull over, flip the shield in <60 seconds, and get full protection. I rode in this morning @ 70MPH in traffic with my face shield up jamming to tunes. Life is good.

After years of not having a shield, what the hell was I thinking . . .
    Big thanks Austin_tech!!
    Finally a review from someone under 6'! I just put on and had to promptly take right back off a KW Flare. My head was up my.....! 14" non-adjustable..
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Cee Bailey's 11 inch clear stock seat works great I am 5'7-8" depending on slouch, lol.
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170

I had a Windvest on my Road Glide and I really liked it. They are producing one for the F6B now, hopefully I will have mine in the next two weeks.