Windshields for the F6B ? - Page 15
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Windshields for the F6B ?

Quote Originally Posted by gmorstad View Post
    If you would like a 16" Clearview sport type I will sell you mine. It is in perfect condition. A guy that is also 5'10 who was thinking about changing his shield tried mine last year and thought it was the perfect size for him.
    Let me know if you want it.
    A couple of questions: Is it clear. Does it have the recurve top. How much do you want for it. Thanks. I live close to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1974 CB 750
    1976 Sportster
    1978 Low Rider
    1984 Superglide
    1994 Road King
    2000 Ultra Classic
    2016 F6B

F4 Customs Shields

High Optics Polycarbonate, Sheds Rain, Cleans with paper towels and any glass cleaner and his Highly Scratch Resistant even with steel wool.
    Comes in 4 different heights, Clear or Tint with or without vent.
    Attached Images Attached Images

F6B Windshield

Glad you like it. We are here to help in anyway we can.
    The F4 Team!

I finally had my 18 tinted F4 Customs shield installed today and am now in my motorcycle nirvana. I had a Clearview 16 inch shield that was too short. I am 6'1" with a tall torso and experienced too much wind and bugs hitting my face all the time so my helmet shield had to be down completely to keep the bugs out. With the new shield I can keep my helmet shield up and not experience the wind or bugs. The ride is now quiet and comfortable.

Also want to say how impressed I am with the folks at F4. There were some snafus with the dealership trying to install the shield and F4 was extremely supportive. The service manager had to take over and get it installed so F4 helped when they shouldn't have had to. Excellent support! I cannot recommend F4 enough. I ordered the 18 inch tinted shield without the vent. The gray tint is perfect and I am really glad I didn't get the vent.

So to the riders who have been wondering about the size of shield to get, I hope this helps.
    To F4, thanks again!

Gary

Just installed the 13 inch Clear Cee Bailey's windshield. It's actually 13 1/2 inches from the top of the rubber fairing gasket. I'm 5-8 using a stock seat. The shield does a great job of keeping the air off my face and over my head. I've tried it with an open face helmet without any issues. Wish I could go to the 15 inch but it would appear the top edge would be right in my vision. Have tried the 11 inch and the wind and buffeting would hit the top of the helmet.

clearview shield

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    A couple of questions: Is it clear. Does it have the recurve top. How much do you want for it. Thanks. I live close to you.
    Yes it has the recurve. Had not thought about price. Will get back to you but the price will be more than fair.

clearview shield

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Does $90.00 sound fair (shipping not included)?

clearview shield

Does $90.00 sound fair (shipping not included)?
    Sorry, missed part of the question. It has a light gray tint.

So I've been using a 13" medium grey Madstad shield for a year now and was impressed with its wind management . Problem I was finding was the medium grey is a little too dark for me when raised up for highway use. Checked with Madstad about replacing it with a clear or light grey but decided to put my Honda tall shield back on for the time being. Finding that with adjusting the vent and the mirror wings I can get quite a good manageable sweet spot in the cockpit. Yesterday was out for a ride on the highway and all of a sudden I get 20 or so bees come flying at me and right into the windshield. What a mess. Anyway I don't think the Madstad would have protected me like the Honda shield but I've never come across a situation like that. Honda screen is staying on for now.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    So I've been using a 13" medium grey Madstad shield for a year now and was impressed with its wind management . Problem I was finding was the medium grey is a little too dark for me when raised up for highway use. Checked with Madstad about replacing it with a clear or light grey but decided to put my Honda tall shield back on for the time being. Finding that with adjusting the vent and the mirror wings I can get quite a good manageable sweet spot in the cockpit. Yesterday was out for a ride on the highway and all of a sudden I get 20 or so bees come flying at me and right into the windshield. What a mess. Anyway I don't think the Madstad would have protected me like the Honda shield but I've never come across a situation like that. Honda screen is staying on for now.
    DaWadd, you are the first person I have read about that went back to a regular shield from a Madstadd. What gives.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    DaWadd, you are the first person I have read about that went back to a regular shield from a Madstadd. What gives.
    You know, every once in a while, a member of a cult escapes!
    Albuquerque, NM