Windshields for the F6B ? - Page 11
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Windshields for the F6B ?

Quote Originally Posted by RoadWeary View Post
    I just installed the 13" CEE BAILEYS with the vent and it works great. It was well made, and the vent looks like it will hold up to a lot of wear. I'm 5'11", 32 inch inseam and the wind hits me near the top of the helmet. Heat is more of an issue with me than the cold, which is why I wanted as short of a shield that I could get and still get wind protection. I don't know how you guys survive in Florida and Texas. I'd rather have 60 degrees than 80.

I tried riding without a visor on my full face HJC helmet and I can feel some changing wind on, and around my glasses. Not strong at all, but I think it would dry my eyes out on a long ride without better eye gear. I tried this because even with the 13" shield, I get visor vibration unless it is fully closed. On my last bike, with no shielding at all, I could leave the visor cracked open with no issues. It only vibrates over 40 -45 mph.

I will replace my helmet with a better helmet, with better ventilation, and better aerodynamics.

I also would rather have 60 than 80, but I would also prefer 100 over 20 !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Size

Quote Originally Posted by Pjb761 View Post
    Love it...I am 5'10 and can now hear the radio over 60 mph. No more wind buffet at all
    To me, this looks higher than 13 inches from the top of the fairing gasket. Does it measure 13" to the top from the fair? Thanks

Over stock size

Quote Originally Posted by gamersince1976 View Post
    Cee Baily's 9" opaque for me too. Haven't tried it out yet, but installation really was easy (the hardest part turned out to be getting that rubber grommet in the fairing bolts back in the hole).

The Decepticon logo sadly had to come off before the adhesive foam had a chance to set. The slightly curved surface meant that the rigid plastic wouldn't stay fully attached on the edges. I think I'll go with a more traditional decal.

Because OF COURSE the F6B is a Decepticon. I mean, look at it!

Attachment 210
    I'm guessing this is 1 3/4 inch taller than the stock mini?

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    I'll let you know what I think when/if mine ever makes it here.......... I have the stock "tall" Honda shield and a large Clearview and could not get either one to work out for me, i'm too tall. I'm currently running a stock Goldwing shield that I cut down to better fit the F6, it works really well but I wish I had made it 1 1/2 inches taller. Hurry up Madstad!....
    Sooooooo, did it arrive? I am looking at the Madstad myself, interested to see what you think. I have read many reviews and I'm right on the fence.
    "An army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of bullshit."
    - General George Patton Jr

F4 Customs

Quote Originally Posted by micky_foccer View Post
    I recently purchased the F4 Custom -2 tinted windshields. I did a lot of research and am extremely happy with the product. If you want a cheaper windshield or lower quality, there are plenty other companies offering those. But if you want the best and most durable, you are definitely getting your money's worth with the F4 Custom.
    Thanks for this great comment. We love to hear these positive comments from our riders

Pictures of the F6B from F4 Customs

Attachment 17775 Attachment 17776

Clearview with Recurve and vent. Dirty too!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I have tried the following windshields and now using the 9" Cee Bailey dark grey shield. I would agree the Madstad probably had the best wind protection, but still had some buffeting around the head and ears. I would say the 9" Cee Bailey blocks about 80% more wind than the stock 6" shield and Madstad about 90% more wind. I tried to like the looks of the Madstad, but in the end like the short Cee Bailey shield and don't mind a little wind. Surprising how much wind protection I get with the little 9" Cee Bailey over the stock shield.

11" Cee Bailey dark grey
    11" Baggershield
    13" Cee Bailey dark grey
    went back to a 11" Cee Bailey dark grey
    14" Clearview Sport Tour
    11" Madstad extra dark grey
    11" Cee Bailey light grey
    went back to a 11" Cee Bailey dark grey
    9" Cee Bailey dark grey

Windbender ST

Hi,
    I just installed a clear 13" Windbender ST on my black B. Installation was a breeze, though i did drop a mounting screw for the mirror down the inside bodywork. Locally it was on the right side so it was easy to get to.

Haven't ridden it yet but like how it looks. Will report back!

Question

Hey guys,

Got a Windbender adjustable 11" which is a great shield and I'm keeping for winter/longer trips, but want some air round town, I've been seeing the national V-stream short advertised on the F6 ad block section at the top of the screen, has anybody tried one of these or know how big they are in comparison to the original? Don't have the original size to slap back on easily at the moment.

There's a short screen from Honda which is apparently only 1" higher but the Vstream 'looks' a bit bigger than that.

Failing that, anybody got a 9" screen or the Honda one with the logo they might want to sell?