Windshields for the F6B ? - Page 12
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Windshields for the F6B ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone56 View Post
    I have tried the following windshields and now using the 9" Cee Bailey dark grey shield. I would agree the Madstad probably had the best wind protection, but still had some buffeting around the head and ears. I would say the 9" Cee Bailey blocks about 80% more wind than the stock 6" shield and Madstad about 90% more wind. I tried to like the looks of the Madstad, but in the end like the short Cee Bailey shield and don't mind a little wind. Surprising how much wind protection I get with the little 9" Cee Bailey over the stock shield.

11" Cee Bailey dark grey
    11" Baggershield
    13" Cee Bailey dark grey
    went back to a 11" Cee Bailey dark grey
    14" Clearview Sport Tour
    11" Madstad extra dark grey
    11" Cee Bailey light grey
    went back to a 11" Cee Bailey dark grey
    9" Cee Bailey dark grey
    Im getting ready to order either the 9" or 11" Cee Bailey. Could you please tell me your height and where the wind hits you with the 9" vs. the stock windshield and where the 11" hit you. Right now I cannot open the face shield with the stock windshield. The wind hits me right in the eyes. I want the wind to hit above my eyes. I think i just need a couple inches higher than stock. Let me know. Thanks

I just purchased this tinted windshield:

http://www.amazon.com/Slipstreamer-S...ilpage_o00_s00

Although it is not "adjustable", there are slots that allow it to be set anywhere from 11" to about 13" tall. I installed mine at 11" and like it.

Windshield for F6B

I have a Windbender from Firecreek Accessories and I love it. I had one on my previous Goldwing and never considered anything else for the F6B. The Windbender gives great air control and it is adjustable for height.

F4 Customs F6B Windshield

Here are some pictures of the F6B
    Attached Images Attached Images

I bought the Baggersheild 19". They make a great product and the width is perfect for me. It's a thick shield. I'd like to try a shield that's curved at the top.

IMG_0534.jpg IMG_0535.jpg

The vent is a wonderful thing

on a hot day:

No vent-Sucks

Vented-Nice!IMG_0816.jpg

I just installed the 11" Clear Cee Baileys. I'm 5-8, with a 30 inch inseam. The screen is 4 1/2" taller than the stock screen. The stock screen had the wind hitting me right in the eyes. I now can ride with my full face helmet with the face shield open. I tested it at 80 plus mph and no wind in the face. I also had less hemet wind noise, and I could hear the radio for the first time at speed. It works perfectly for me. It has accomplished what I wanted. One word of advice, watch those tiny front fairing bolts, they want to fall into the great abyss.

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    I just purchased this tinted windshield:

http://www.amazon.com/Slipstreamer-S...ilpage_o00_s00

Although it is not "adjustable", there are slots that allow it to be set anywhere from 11" to about 13" tall. I installed mine at 11" and like it.

I bought the same one & set it @ the middle mark (approx 12"). Attachment 20404

Klockwerks here love their stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Original post by "Steve 0080"

The stock "shorty" is worthless, need to replace it.

Obviously, anything larger is going to be better. What I did was buy a 19 inch clear for the winter and the Madstad for warmer weather. The Madstad allows me to look over the shield and it removes unwanted air from both myself and my passenger. And, it looks good.