Windshields for the F6B ? - Page 13
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Windshields for the F6B ?

Although, I posted this elsewhere just yesterday...

It was a three week wait for my Clearview Shields Medium (15") Light Gray, Sport cut, Upper Recurve, with vent.....but it finally arrived Monday last.

IMG_1073-1.jpg IMG_1074-2.jpg IMG_1075-3.jpg IMG_1080-5.jpg IMG_1082-6.jpg

I've not had the chance to ride it as yet...that comes Saturday morning (been raining here last several days.) By and large, it's hands down better than the stocker (duh!). As you can see in the fourth photo, it is also thicker than OEM. (OEM is 0.156" and Clearview claims theirs at 0.188", I've not yet mic'ed that to verify...but it's visibly thicker whatever the actual measure.)

I had hoped the 'Light Gray' would have been slightly more tinted (the website photos made it appear so)...but I still prefer this to the full 'Dark Gray' tint.

Also...and I ran out of buffer on this post, so I'll post in another...I had hopes for a little better optical transparency. Not that it is fogged, mind you.....just a little wavy. Possibly this is a function of the vent installation in concert with the Recurve? Can't say. As I said...haven't ridden it yet, so I don't know how much of a distraction this might be...if any.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

IMG_1085-7.jpg

Not a great photo (iPhone...what do you expect?) but it kind of shows what I mean about wavy. We'll see how it rides. Perhaps I am being to critical?

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired

It looks similar in height to my shield so you'll be looking over it, not through it. There shouldn't be the distraction you're worried about. Even if it's an inch or so taller. I easily have a 5 or 6" clearance to the road. I'm 5'11".
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Thought I would try looking through a shield. I installed the Bagger shield, 19" with vent yesterday. Coming from the Cee Bailey 13" my head has settled right down, no more death gripping the bars to keep my body from blowing back, and the wind noise is much improved. It's like a nice neutral pocket of air behind the shield. Now I can wear my earbuds but there's still too much road/engine noise to ride without some sort of earplugs. With the vent open there's a good strong blast of air to the face. I'm 5' 7" with roughly 50/50 leg to torso ratio. I have to stand almost straight up on the pegs to get back into the wind stream. I'm just glad all the buffeting and head movement has gone away, made it very difficult to see up the road. No riding in the rain yet, we'll see how that goes.
    Still Wingman after the site crash!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    Attachment 20670

Not a great photo (iPhone...what do you expect?) but it kind of shows what I mean about wavy. We'll see how it rides. Perhaps I am being to critical?

....sT
    Like Wayne remarked in his previous post; you won't notice that at all once you are riding.

I don't notice it on mine when I'm riding.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Went with the tall Honda Windscreen. Perfect for me and like the vent. I am 6'0" tall. Normal posture has me looking over the windshield. No buffeting, easy to talk to passenger. Open face helmet with sunglasses.

National cycle V-stream sport

Put a National Cycle Vstream Sport on my bike. Better protection than the stock windshield and IMHO retains the bagger look.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyw View Post
    Put a National Cycle Vstream Sport on my bike. Better protection than the stock windshield and IMHO retains the bagger look.
    Are you suggesting that with a bigger wind screen we don't have a bagger look? I beg the differ

IMG_0049.jpg
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

V Stream

Quote Originally Posted by tommyw View Post
    So how does it perform? Have you had anything else on there be sides stock? Always like national cycle quality. More pics please. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    It was a three week wait for my Clearview Shields Medium (15") Light Gray, Sport cut, Upper Recurve, with vent.....but it finally arrived Monday last.

Attachment 20665 Attachment 20666 Attachment 20667 Attachment 20668 Attachment 20669

I've not had the chance to ride it as yet...that comes Saturday morning (been raining here last several days.) By and large, it's hands down better than the stocker (duh!). As you can see in the fourth photo, it is also thicker than OEM. (OEM is 0.156" and Clearview claims theirs at 0.188", I've not yet mic'ed that to verify...but it's visibly thicker whatever the actual measure.)

I had hoped the 'Light Gray' would have been slightly more tinted (the website photos made it appear so)...but I still prefer this to the full 'Dark Gray' tint.

OK....I've been riding this for two weeks now. The ClearView Shields come slotted so that you have a bit of play (like something in the neighbourhood of 1 to 1.5") in mounting height. I mounted it as low as it would go.

I am 6'2.5" (at last measurement)...and the top edge of the shield just happens to EXACTLY bisect my usual line of sight. Couldn't have bodged it better even if I had asked them to do it. More than a bit annoying. Of course, I can raise it (that 1" worth of play, remember)...but if I do, then my field of view will be distorted by the recurve wavies.

Nobody's' fault but my own (....I AM the one who ordered that length, after all.)

Been planning on a new seat (I'm still on the OEM)....a taller seat, as the OEM cramps my knees something terrible. Think that schedule just moved forward significantly.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired