Windshields for the F6B ? - Page 14
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Windshields for the F6B ?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    OK....I've been riding this for two weeks now. The ClearView Shields come slotted so that you have a bit of play (like something in the neighbourhood of 1 to 1.5") in mounting height. I mounted it as low as it would go.

I am 6'2.5" (at last measurement)...and the top edge of the shield just happens to EXACTLY bisect my usual line of sight. Couldn't have bodged it better even if I had asked them to do it. More than a bit annoying. Of course, I can raise it (that 1" worth of play, remember)...but if I do, then my field of view will be distorted by the recurve wavies.

Nobody's' fault but my own (....I AM the one who ordered that length, after all.)

Been planning on a new seat (I'm still on the OEM)....a taller seat, as the OEM cramps my knees something terrible. Think that schedule just moved forward significantly.

....sT

That is interesting. I have the tallest, dark tint Clearview recurve shield (16"), mounted all the way up. I have slotted the holes extra to get a little more height out of it. I'm only about 5'10" and sit on a Mustang seat (1" lower than stock). And I see well over the shield.

So maybe it is something that you can get used to. I see things through the shield, but they are not in my concentrated view. The area that I want to watch is above the shield.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    OK....I've been riding this for two weeks now. The ClearView Shields come slotted so that you have a bit of play (like something in the neighbourhood of 1 to 1.5") in mounting height. I mounted it as low as it would go.

I am 6'2.5" (at last measurement)...and the top edge of the shield just happens to EXACTLY bisect my usual line of sight. Couldn't have bodged it better even if I had asked them to do it. More than a bit annoying. Of course, I can raise it (that 1" worth of play, remember)...but if I do, then my field of view will be distorted by the recurve wavies.

Nobody's' fault but my own (....I AM the one who ordered that length, after all.)

Been planning on a new seat (I'm still on the OEM)....a taller seat, as the OEM cramps my knees something terrible. Think that schedule just moved forward significantly.

....sT
    Are you sure they sent you the 15 inch version. You seem to be pretty tall so looking over a 15 incher should not be a problem. I have a 14 inch and am 5'11" and can easily look over it. Maybe try to re measure. just a thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1974 CB 750
    1976 Sportster
    1978 Low Rider
    1984 Superglide
    1994 Road King
    2000 Ultra Classic
    2016 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I have a Baggershield available for sale if anyone wants it! It's the one for the wing so it adjusts. It's nice, the wide part at the top reduces buffeting on your ears. I wanted something taller and more functional for long rides.

Attachment 5403 Attachment 5404
    What didn't you like about the Baggershield? I am considering getting one.

F4 Customs

I finally had my 18 tinted F4 Customs shield installed today and am now in my motorcycle nirvana. I had a Clearview 16 inch shield that was too short. I am 6'1" with a tall torso and experienced too much wind and bugs hitting my face all the time so my helmet shield had to be down completely to keep the bugs out. With the new shield I can keep my helmet shield up and not experience the wind or bugs. The ride is now quiet and comfortable.

Also want to say how impressed I am with the folks at F4. There were some snafus with the dealership trying to install the shield and F4 was extremely supportive. The service manager had to take over and get it installed so F4 helped when they shouldn't have had to. Excellent support! I cannot recommend F4 enough. I ordered the 18 inch tinted shield without the vent. The gray tint is perfect and I am really glad I didn't get the vent.

So to the riders who have been wondering about the size of shield to get, I hope this helps.
    To F4, thanks again!

Gary

Cool

The gray tint is perfect and I am really glad I didn't get the vent.

I'm some what surprised you did not like a vent... Where the weather gets warmer it is almost a necessity !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    After too many attempts I think I have finally found the perfect shield for me. Its the Klockwerks Flare 16 inch. Its definitely the best I've had. I blacked mine out and I see over it just fine. I'm 6'1". The best part is it looks great on the bike.

Vent

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    The gray tint is perfect and I am really glad I didn't get the vent.

I'm some what surprised you did not like a vent... Where the weather gets warmer it is almost a necessity !
    I did a lot of research before making my decision. I live in Wisconsin so heat isn't that much of a factor but bugs are. Many folks including friends of mine don't like the vent because of bugs and rain going through it. Others say they need the vent to prevent buffeting. The people at F4 did not agree and I found they are correct. As stated, I have a tall torso so I still look above the shield and at interstate speeds did not experience buffeting at all. The wind does hit the top of my head which I think is enough to keep me cool. I came from a ST1300 and always had the shield all the way up even though it was electronically adjustable. A good friend of mine who rides a Goldwing told me today he is getting rid of all his shields that have vents. (He is very much into riding and owns a number of shields.) Just my thoughts and what I am happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by gmorstad View Post
    I did a lot of research before making my decision. I live in Wisconsin so heat isn't that much of a factor but bugs are. Many folks including friends of mine don't like the vent because of bugs and rain going through it. Others say they need the vent to prevent buffeting. The people at F4 did not agree and I found they are correct. As stated, I have a tall torso so I still look above the shield and at interstate speeds did not experience buffeting at all. The wind does hit the top of my head which I think is enough to keep me cool. I came from a ST1300 and always had the shield all the way up even though it was electronically adjustable. A good friend of mine who rides a Goldwing told me today he is getting rid of all his shields that have vents. (He is very much into riding and owns a number of shields.) Just my thoughts and what I am happy with.
    I think that you made the right choice. I have a tall shield with a vent that is virtually useless, except for letting bugs through. I get a ton more air by opening the baker air wings.

So, I did not get a vent on my Clearview 16". It looks better without it and is easier to keep clean.
    Albuquerque, NM

I have the honda tall windshield with vent. I am not happy with the shield. I get lots of turbulence ,lots of buffeting. Feels like someone is pushing me in the back and someone else is
    rapping me in and about the head. The shield is 17" I believe and I am 5'10". The vent does nothing for buffeting but helps cool me down a bit. I can't believe Honda does not make a tested windshield that will work. For all I know the buffeting may be do to the bags in the back and the design of the fairing and bike and not the shield.

windshield

If you would like a 16" Clearview sport type I will sell you mine. It is in perfect condition. A guy that is also 5'10 who was thinking about changing his shield tried mine last year and thought it was the perfect size for him.
    Let me know if you want it.