Windshields for the F6B ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Windshields for the F6B ?

Windbendera are in stock and ready to ship!

I just installed the factory tall with vent. It is perfect for me. Thanks to smokinjoe187 for the great deal on his used shield.

I went with 7" opaque from cee-baileys been on cruisers forever so not too bothered by wind.

windbender

Quote Originally Posted by BACA View Post
    .....and it works great!

Attachment 256
    i also have a electric wind bender, that works very good, with just a touch of a switch i can raise and lower it for the perfect ride with no wind buffeting at all, and drop it for in town, or fast cornering with the sport bikes. sometimes i may ride five different gl1800 in one day, that have all different types of shields, this wind bender is the best i have ever tried on a gl1800. dale

Anyone using the F4 Customs 14"

If you are using the F4 Customs 14" windshield, I would like to know how it performs. Any wind buffeting? etc.

I have only had my bike for a few days so far, but I really like the 19" adjustable Baggershield..Seems to work for me at 5'9"...I just don't like the drone at 60-75 that I get from the Cobra Pipes..Interesting though, If I flip up the face shield on my HJC helmet most of the drone sound quiets down.....

Clearview windshields

Just...FYI...while these folks are not a forum sponsor...yet...I just got off the phone with the manager at Clearview windshields, and they are a couple days away from actual production of their windshield for the F6B. They have a prototype out there right now, and a test rider, and this weekend should see the end of testing, and the beginning of production. I have had 3 or 4 of the Clearview windshields in the past, LOVE them, and the difference is that they also incorporate a little flip up towards the top of their windshields, to drive the air flow UP higher than what the top of the windshields itself would do.

Personally, I am going to wait a week or so and see what they have come out with. I have also directed them to contact our forum boss, and talk about forum sponsorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Just...FYI...while these folks are not a forum sponsor...yet...I just got off the phone with the manager at Clearview windshields, and they are a couple days away from actual production of their windshield for the F6B. They have a prototype out there right now, and a test rider, and this weekend should see the end of testing, and the beginning of production. I have had 3 or 4 of the Clearview windshields in the past, LOVE them, and the difference is that they also incorporate a little flip up towards the top of their windshields, to drive the air flow UP higher than what the top of the windshields itself would do.

Personally, I am going to wait a week or so and see what they have come out with. I have also directed them to contact our forum boss, and talk about forum sponsorship.

I had a Clearview on my Valkyrie. Great quality. Although they had some shields with the flip up, the one for the Valk wasn't configured that way. Was a great shield though. They'd be a good sponsor.

Hope your recovery is going well, Miles.

Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Original post by "Steve 0080"

The stock "shorty" is worthless, need to replace it.
    Check out Cee Baileys they have wind shields just for this model. They come in different tints and 1'' increments for height not just this is what we have ,you have a choice I got the dark green at 11'' height and it is perfect for me I'm 6' tall and can see about 25' feet in front of me.. I have purchased 4 other wind shields from them for other bikes they are quality shields. Check them out you won't be unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by gamersince1976 View Post
    Cee Baily's 9" opaque for me too. Haven't tried it out yet, but installation really was easy (the hardest part turned out to be getting that rubber grommet in the fairing bolts back in the hole).

The Decepticon logo sadly had to come off before the adhesive foam had a chance to set. The slightly curved surface meant that the rigid plastic wouldn't stay fully attached on the edges. I think I'll go with a more traditional decal.

Because OF COURSE the F6B is a Decepticon. I mean, look at it!

Attachment 210
    I really like the looks of this shield but I was curious about where the wind hits you? If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you and where does the wind hit you?