Windshields for the F6B ? - Page 4
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Windshields for the F6B ?

Cool Floppy Windscreen?

My lower center windshield mounting bolt worked loose, as in found it below between the head lamps. I do not know if it was me, or what done it? If the top of your wind screen moves fore and aft, check the screws.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

F4 Customs

this is my new 1 18 inch
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (93.7 KB, 192 views)
    Ok he's done

Bagger Shield

Bagger 11" is great looking and perfect solo, even 75+.
    19" add on is a quality attachment and my passenger loves it.
    Great quality.

Wanted a flip shield. Have them on other baggers and they kick wind another couple inches.

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Mustangjake View Post
    this is my new 1 18 inch
    Hello mustangjake. Can you tell me how high the screen is from the rubber. I am from holland and wants to order such a screen.
    Thanks

It's 18 inches tinted and I love it !
    I bought a used goldwing shield and slowly been chopping it off.
    At 17 inches it was to short now this is for me and my riding position.
    There are a lot of variables when getting a windshield.
    Ok he's done

Cool

Bruce B.....Loved my Clearview shield, great quality..... downside is wait time...They start making yours the day you order....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Let us know how it performs......

Quote Originally Posted by Mustangjake View Post
    It's 18 inches tinted and I love it !
    I bought a used goldwing shield and slowly been chopping it off.
    At 17 inches it was to short now this is for me and my riding position.
    There are a lot of variables when getting a windshield.
    Mustangjake, if you like, keep us up to date about the performance of your shield. We like to hear the good or the bad, that is what we use to constantly innovate our processes to make the best product available! If you click on your product on our website, you can leave a review for others if you like. Lookin' good! Ride safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone56 View Post
    If you are using the F4 Customs 14" windshield, I would like to know how it performs. Any wind buffeting? etc.
    Tbone - I have the 14" F4 tinted. I am 5' 6" and the wind is about 3" above my head now. I love the F4 just for the ease of cleaning. I can hear the radio now and you can actually feel the pocket of calm air in front of you. The F4 doesn't block all the wind but I can ride with my hat on again!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Here's mine, F6B specific adjustable 11" - 19". It works great for me at 6' high, 11" good for around town up to 60mph, then flip it to 19" and everything is pefectly quiet again. I wanted to buy Ergomot power windshield but decided on Baggershield (at least for now!) because I think the dark tinted one just looks awesome on my black F (and Ergomot does not come tinted yet, I asked). Not to mention several hundred dollars difference. I was also amazed how simple was to install it even for someone like me who missed shop class in school. Installing Ergomot windshield scares me, and I don't have all the tools required either. But who knows, maybe in the future if it comes tinted... I do miss my power windshield on my BMW K1200LT (was black, of course).

I hope this helps.
    The adjustable flip shield seems to be the best all-around option. Show Chrome Accessories (Big Bike Parts) sells a shield that looks exactly like the Baggershield. Big Bike Parts says their windshield is 11 1/2 inch to 20 inches tall and both Baggershield and Big bike Parts carry the same MSRP.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/sh...art/BBP-20-129
    Fulfilling Your Passion Since 2001.
    http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/

Just to add my two cents, first mod I did (based on your inputs from this great forum) was installing the Baggershield adjustable.
    Absolutely love it. Here in TX, even in Fall/Winter, you may have days where you want the adjustment -- cold morning ride, warm afternoon ride home, etc.

The lower is tinted and adds that sinister look to the F6B when the top is flipped down. In this configuration you can look over the shield and get some airflow (I'm 5'8") when the air is warm. Or, you can pull over, flip the shield in <60 seconds, and get full protection. I rode in this morning @ 70MPH in traffic with my face shield up jamming to tunes. Life is good.

After years of not having a shield, what the hell was I thinking . . .