Windshields for the F6B ? - Page 5
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Windshields for the F6B ?

Love the Madstad. Look over it like a 11", get wind blown over head like a 16".

2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    [QUOTE=chipmaker;16438]Love the Madstad. Look over it like a 11", get wind blown over head like a 16".

Wind from my 20.5" shield hits me at about the top of my helmet shield, so a 15" 'stad may very well be 'my size'. (It should be here Weds)

{My 20.5 shield is a 'Baggershield convertable' slid all the way up}

[QUOTE=Scotrod;16441]
    Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    Love the Madstad. Look over it like a 11", get wind blown over head like a 16".

Wind from my 20.5" shield hits me at about the top of my helmet shield, so a 15" 'stad may very well be 'my size'. (It should be here Weds)

{My 20.5 shield is a 'Baggershield convertable' slid all the way up}
    I think you'll like it. Take time to make fine tuning adjustments angle and height, it pays off...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    No worries, as I love to tinker,,,

I won't get any saddletime in till the weekend,,, Even then, need to take a couple weeks to test/tune/evaluate.

I've had my 11" BaggerShield on my F6B for a month or so now and absolutely love it. Best of all worlds riding and looks pretty "Bad" on the Black Bagger!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

I am curious, is there anyone happy with the stock windscreen?

The only one I have seen was the "first ride" guy from Motorcycle Consumer News mag last springs issue...He felt it had ample wind protection up to 65/70mph...I don't know what he was smoking as the stock shield is useless in my opinion...I love my Baggershield and it works great for me.....

Quote Originally Posted by DaveV View Post
    I am curious, is there anyone happy with the stock windscreen?
    I got my F6B in June and used the stock windshield all summer til about November then switched to the BaggerShield adjustable for the cooler months of riding.As a winter mod I am installing the Windbender with electric option so I can have a low windshield for the back roads and raise it for highway riding at a push of a switch.I had no problem with summer riding with the stock shorty on.I do wear a full face helmet so that might be why it does not bother me
    Ride it like you stole it

If you came off a bike that had no windshield, then it's the same. If you came from a bike with a windshield, then this one is useless. Simple as that.

Just put on a Cee Bailey's 11" windscreen. What a difference! Some mild wind noise over the top of my helmet, but the brutal rush of noise and buffeting is long gone. I might could have gone with a 13" but I am quite happy with the 11".

For what it's worth, my other bike is a 1975 BMW R90/6 with no windshield or fairing. It is less noisy and causes less buffeting than the OEM windshield on the F6B.