Windshields for the F6B ? - Page 6
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Windshields for the F6B ?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveV View Post
    I am curious, is there anyone happy with the stock windscreen?
    I like the stock windscreen but wanted a shorty with dark tint so I cut down one of my Cee Baileys to 1/2" less than stock.
    Gives the look I'm after and works for me. I do wear a full face helmet and earplugs when I don't have my earbuds in. But I commute everyday, rain, shine, cold(8°F) or hot(105°F) and wouldn't change.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by GONRDN View Post
    If you came off a bike that had no windshield, then it's the same. If you came from a bike with a windshield, then this one is useless. Simple as that.
    Not true for me. I have had many bikes with windshields and some have worked great others not so good. The ones with a power feature were the best as you could tailor for your height and conditions: ST1300, K1200GT and Victory Vision. But the 3 Electra Glides I had were terrible. Sport and sport-sport touring bikes are my favorite as they break the wind blast but don't offer a still bubble like driving a convertible car. I put the F6B stock screen in that "Sport-Touring" category. The big fairing and short screen breaks the wind pretty well and even though you do get wind noise....there is no buffeting as I define it. Buffeting to me is a movement side to side or front and back due to turbulence. I get none of that from the F6B at any speed, cross-wind or even next to a semi. I would say try it first, a few of us like it. The picture below is of another bike I had that worked great with a cut down screen!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by DaveV View Post
    I am curious, is there anyone happy with the stock windscreen?
    I liked the stock shield while wearing a full face helmet, but then I couldn't hear the radio. I enjoy listening to music while riding so the stock shield had to go.

Anyone tried the Klock Werks Flare?

What did you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Anyone tried the Klock Werks Flare?

What did you think of it?
    Here's the thread, go to end.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...dshield-update!

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Thanks for the info very interesting reading, still no wiser though. Then I guess if I was wise I wouldn't be a biker.

Anyone with some long term opinions?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post

Anyone with some long term opinions?
    I'm unaware of anyone having any experience with the K-works other than those listed in the thread/link posted above.

You can give one of 'em a PM and see what their current opinion is.

Cee Baileys 9 inch

Quote Originally Posted by Memphian View Post
    I went with looks over function. Coming from a cruiser without a shield I'm use to riding with the wind in my face. This is a Cee Baileys 9 inch shield.

Attachment 132
    Looks great. Did you notice any difference from stock as far as wind noise, being able to hear your stereo etc? I just want to hear my tunes, I don't mind wind otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcityf6b View Post
    Looks great. Did you notice any difference from stock as far as wind noise, being able to hear your stereo etc? I just want to hear my tunes, I don't mind wind otherwise.
    The Bailey's 9" shield is about the same as stock, not much for blocking the wind. I suggest checking on your radio setting for the AVC control. It's in your owners manual. I can hear my radio at high speeds without any problems using the AVC setting.

Hope this helps,
    Memphian
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

I have the Klock Werks Flare on my Ultra……it does throw the wind off you…I bought it because they said it would add 15-20% more down force…my Ultra starts to float around 110 mph….not sure I ever tested it……. bottom line…” its OK"
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com