Windshields for the F6B ? - Page 9
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Windshields for the F6B ?

Meant to say that I ordered and installed the 19" clear Baggershield with vent. Had the two-piece Baggershield on my old Goldwing and really didn't like it.

Winshields

Well I have been debating a new windshield, order madstad at 2 am
    this morning I hope it is everything they say it is cant afford to buy 3 or 4
    shields to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    These folks make a VERY good shield and worth the wait!!! Took mine 5 weeks and have to say it was worth the wait...very nice quality!!!

I kinda like the ideal of having a shield made to my specs.... and you do have to allow time for that!!!
    Got an Email yesterday it's on it's way!!I like the Idea of a shield that's functional and looks good!!I went for the Med in light smoke!

http://www.clearviewshields.com/blog...g-windshields/

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Just installed the Baggershield 19" vented clear on my F6B today.Fit was great and install was easy.What a difference.I look over the top as my 6'4" frame has a long torso.No wind blast and the stereo sounds clear at any speed.Shield was set up for the 3 existing mount bolts and is steady as a rock as I rode it in pretty high winds today to test.
    I have this same one. I love it. At 5'5" tall, this is perfect for me to look through the screen, which I prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    Just to add my two cents, first mod I did (based on your inputs from this great forum) was installing the Baggershield adjustable.
    Absolutely love it. Here in TX, even in Fall/Winter, you may have days where you want the adjustment -- cold morning ride, warm afternoon ride home, etc.

The lower is tinted and adds that sinister look to the F6B when the top is flipped down. In this configuration you can look over the shield and get some airflow (I'm 5'8") when the air is warm. Or, you can pull over, flip the shield in <60 seconds, and get full protection. I rode in this morning @ 70MPH in traffic with my face shield up jamming to tunes. Life is good.

After years of not having a shield, what the hell was I thinking . . .
    Big thanks Austin_tech!!
    Finally a review from someone under 6'! I just put on and had to promptly take right back off a KW Flare. My head was up my.....! 14" non-adjustable..
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Cee Bailey's 11 inch clear stock seat works great I am 5'7-8" depending on slouch, lol.
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170

I had a Windvest on my Road Glide and I really liked it. They are producing one for the F6B now, hopefully I will have mine in the next two weeks.

I just installed the 13" CEE BAILEYS with the vent and it works great. It was well made, and the vent looks like it will hold up to a lot of wear. I'm 5'11", 32 inch inseam and the wind hits me near the top of the helmet. Heat is more of an issue with me than the cold, which is why I wanted as short of a shield that I could get and still get wind protection. I don't know how you guys survive in Florida and Texas. I'd rather have 60 degrees than 80.

I tried riding without a visor on my full face HJC helmet and I can feel some changing wind on, and around my glasses. Not strong at all, but I think it would dry my eyes out on a long ride without better eye gear. I tried this because even with the 13" shield, I get visor vibration unless it is fully closed. On my last bike, with no shielding at all, I could leave the visor cracked open with no issues. It only vibrates over 40 -45 mph.

I will replace my helmet with a better helmet, with better ventilation, and better aerodynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Original post by "Steve 0080"

The stock "shorty" is worthless, need to replace it.
    Not worthless, the makers of hearing aids will doubtlessly like the shorty as it has worsened my tinnitus after only a few hundred miles of riding. I've just received my 14 inch Clearview ws that goes on tomorrow. Hopefully that will save me from going totally deaf.
    ss^,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    Not worthless, the makers of hearing aids will doubtlessly like the shorty as it has worsened my tinnitus after only a few hundred miles of riding. I've just received my 14 inch Clearview ws that goes on tomorrow. Hopefully that will save me from going totally deaf.
    Same here! Rode 200 miles this weekend with the stock shield and my tinnitus in my left ear is really bothering me for the last few days. I did wear ear plugs by the way. I pray I didn't do any further permanent damage to my hearing. I ordered a new Slipstreamer 19" shield with vent the day I bought the bike this past weekend, but of course couldn't resist riding my brand new F6. The Slipstreamer arrived today and I already installed it and did a 30 minute test ride at speeds up to 70MPH. No more deafening wind roar. I look through the shield as I expected and the F6 is nice and quiet which is one of the main reasons I bought it. My Harleys damaged my hearing over the years between the wind noise, engine noise and exhaust.

For those interested I paid $137 for the 19" Slipstreamer with vent and had it within 2 business days of my order with free shipping from Phat Performance Parts. I have never received a bike product so quickly with free shipping.

Here's a pic of the shield from the Phat Performance website. It's the same height as the tall Honda OEM screen, but I believe is 3" wider. It also allows about an inch of adjustment up or down when installing it, so you can have it anywhere from 18-20". I have mine at the highest height of 20". Easy to install and works great if you want a smooth and quite ride with no wind roar.

Attachment 6356