Cable TV/Internet Options
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cable TV/Internet Options

Cable TV/Internet Options

Hey guys ... There is something wrong when your cable TV/ internet bill is more than your power bill . Especially when it gets cold or rains and you comcast cable does not work .
    My only savior was I have a hot spot on my company phone to connecct to the outside world after a long day of work .
    I'm going on vaction in a few days , being down in the 20's in the northeast , its a line problem and comcast has had a tech out ... not fix for the past year .
    Have to do something when I get back from Vaca .
    Besides switching to Verizon not sure how the Dish is , I'm going to need internet . Really sucks only need like 10 channels and pay for 1000 I don't use .
    Eventualy I hope Google and other companies come out with a wireless internet access and just pay for what you what .
    Does anyone have the Dish ? How do you like ?
    Thanks

Check out tablotv.com. it's an over the air dvr. Most programs I watch are free hd tv and the rest I stream. Don't pay the cable Co anything but internet. Cord cutting is now a good alternitive, without the contract and high costs.

I got rid of the DirecTV a couple years ago and put up a antenna for local stations and got a Roku player for streaming through the internet the few programs I watch that are not on the local channels which I pay for per episode on my Amazon prime account. There are tons of free channels too and Amazon has lots of programs that are included with the prime account that you can watch without no per episode charge. Check out Roku.com and see if something like that would work for you.

Yeah, There is something wrong

Yeah, the TV thing is a scam, IMHO.
    There's 3 providers in my neighborhood, and they all treat the consumer like they're stupid.
    They all give you some bait to sign up, they'll lock in a price for 12 months, but they REFUSE to give you the price for the 13th month. You bet it's gonna double.
    So, either you play musical providers every 12 months or pay the price. The two satellite providers do the same.
    Don't forget, each one of them will charge you a "sign up" fee to get started.
    And there is no "regular" pricing available from any provider, it's only a special introductory price for 12 months.
    Being the cheap consumer that I am, I just bought a HD antenna and a tall mast. I may not get any "premium" channels, but I get 42 channels, just enough to watch the news and weather.
    If I need a movie, I'll fire up the AppleTV or the Roku, or download something from Usenet.
    A few years back I put a Toroidal dish up and was able to pick up tons of FTA channels, but a combination of new satellite locations and the neighbors tree growth took that away.

Attachment 9735

...Now, you wanna talk internet? My cable provider has CONSISTENTLY raised my prices on a quarterly basis, and haven't had anything added, like speed, for those increases.
    My equipment fee recently doubled from $5.00/month to $10.00/month.
    Now go and read your bill, look at all of the fees!
    FCC Reg Fee
    FCC Administrative Fee
    Franchise Fee
    Modem Fee
    Other Fees .... WTF is other fees??

Really can't get by without internet today, so I'm stuck with that.

Been thinking about Direct TV since I cursed the day Comcast ever darkened the airwaves with their perniciously, priced, pretentions (and then he spat out his Cheerios).
    ss^,
    Ken

We have Dish (since 1994) for TV and Comcast for internet. It works for us.

Yeah we have comshaft here in western pa. What a ripoff

They are all a ripoff

As a lifelong CATV engineer, I can say they are all a ripoff. I was paying over 150/mo for tv, and internet. Today I pay 70/mo for HSD and tats too much. Google fiber, when will you get here??? gigabit speeds for $50/mo..... OTA antenna ($40), tablo ( $299), and roku($99) or chromecast ($35) works great!

You can only watch one at a time. There has been a rehash of Ala cart talk out there, pay for what you need. I'd like to see that, but then you'll have to have a box, and a monthly rental fees.
    not to mention customer service if you have a problem.

I can't wait for Google fiber or similar ... you can go and pay your power bill to Peco building thats in the philadelphia area , no bullet proof glass . You go into the Comcast cast cable bulding and 4" thick bullet proof glass and armed personnel in the philadelphia locations ... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    I can't wait for Google fiber or similar ... you can go and pay your power bill to Peco building thats in the philadelphia area , no bullet proof glass . You go into the Comcast cast cable bulding and 4" thick bullet proof glass and armed personnel in the philadelphia locations ... LOL
    Damn, sounds like a Detroit Party Store.