Just my "two cents", but I am so upset with AT&T I told them last week that is the LAST time I will call and complain about rising costs every damn month when I have not changed anything with my service since I went with them a few years ago...Told Comcast to come pick-up their crap after months of lousy service,higher bills, crummy slow Internet, and poor picture quality, and went to AT&T..OKay for a few months, then no service, poor picture, slow ass Internet and rising costs....Now I am trying to do what is best for what I need/want..These companies have customers by the "short hairs" and don't give a damn!!!...As said above, what the F^%# is up with all the damn fees, extra charges, and just plain BS answers from their service/sales people (most of which cannot speak plain English)..I refuse to talk with reps that are from India/Pakistan unless I can understand them which most of the time I cannot....Sorry for the rant, but I am glad to see I am not alone....Maybe it is time to revolt and urge a mass exodus of these lousy companies????.....JMHO