New Engalnd F6B Gathering - Summer 2015
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Engalnd F6B Gathering - Summer 2015

New Engalnd F6B Gathering - Summer 2015

New England F6B Gathering Summer 2015 - this post is available as a printable document here: http://tinyurl.com/f6bsummer2015

Dates - Afternoon of Thursday June 25h -> Morning of Monday June 29th. Come and go as you please.

Location - In and around beautiful Bartlett NH, the Mt Washington Valley. Based at the Brettl Hupfers Ski and Sports club. www.brettl.org

Lodging options
    Option 1 - The Brettl Hupfers Ski Club - Cost $20 per night, cash, check or paypal no need to prepay.

Our ski club has been in existence since the 1950s and we own a lodge that sleeps about 50 comfortably. We have dorm style rooms split into male and female sections depending on the makeup and size of our group we may switch the gender of a room or two spread us all out comfortably, but if you come with a companion of the opposite gender you will be assigned to bunks in different rooms. Single beds and bunks, bring your own Sleeping bag and/or linens

We have a full (cheap) cash bar, a large New England style fire place, two fridges, an industrial stove and a grill. Lots of indoor and outdoor room to set up tables and have the tables chairs utensils and other paraphernalia to serve 50+.

You can see more of our club in the link under the dates section.

Option 2 - Lots of local hotels.
    The Attitash Grand summit is very nice and a bit pricey but very close by.
    http://www.attitash.com/grand-summit-hotel.html

The better life cabins are walking distance away and not to expensive if you would like to have more privacy than our club would provide.
    http://www.abetterlifecabinsandcampground.com/

Other great options around as well, this should be a relatively inexpensive time of year before the summer rush but booking early will help you secure the best price possible if you would like to stay at a nearby establishment.

Check out tripadvisor for more options: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g4...re-Hotels.html

Meals
    I will arrange some meal options - completely up to you if you would like to take part. You are welcome to share in the club cooking resources if you would like to do your own thing. Only rule - if you cook with it or eat with it you clean it...

I will be asking for prepayment about 2 weeks out if you want to have one of the ski house meals so that I can get everything pre ordered for us - more details to follow.
    There will be group meals at the ski house on Friday Night and Sunday Night.
    Friday - Pizza Dinner including salad, dessert, and a beer/soda
    Sunday - Catered Dinner TBA, Including main course, sides, dessert and a beer/soda.
    Cost for each dinner - $20

Saturday Night - Dinner at Cabin Fever Restaurant, walking distance from our club.
    http://cabinfeverrestaurant.com/

For Breakfasts we have a great deli close by to the house, highly recommended:
    http://www.bartsdeliandgeneralstore.com/

Sunday (depending on weather) I hope to bring the group to a buffet breakfast on the way to Mt. Washington. A great local establishment.
    http://redfoxbarandgrille.com/famous-breakfast-buffet/

Lunches will be on the road.

Rides
    Weather dependent I am hoping to lead three rides.

1. Kancamagus Highway, Hanover NH, Laconia and Lake Winnipesaukee.

2. Three state tour - Northern NH, Vermont and Central Maine. Through Three mountain notches and along the Upper reaches of the Connecticut River.

3. Local Ride - Breakfast at the Red Fox, Ride to the top of Mt. Washington, the “NH Alps” of Hurricane Mt. Road, a stop by Whitehorse Gear through a covered bridge and to the top of Cathedral Ledge.

Ride 1 & 2 should be a morning to early evening affair. Ride 3 should start later and end a little earlier.

I am hoping to run ride 3 on Sunday to enjoy the red fox but may rearrange the order to fit the weekend, we will need a very nice day to enjoy Mt. Washington.

If you would rather do your own thing any of these days there is LOTS to do in the summer around this area. Many mountains have summer activities, great outlet shopping, beautiful hotels that are happy to have guests for a nice meal, a cog rail to the top of Mt. Washington, gondola rides, zip lines, mountain streams to swim in, GREAT hiking for all ability levels. I have been a member of our ski club for about a decade and know the area well. I will happily give advice on anything you would like to do.

Weather Predictions - Summer in NH. Lows in the 50-60s (cooler on the top of Washington) Highs in the 70s-80s, maybe low 90s. It can be rainy this time of year or it can be beautiful and we will definitely see the Maine state bird - the Mosquito but we are far enough from the winter for all the mountain roads to be reopened and attractions to be running.

Open to suggestions and revisions, give me a shout or post on the forum if you have either.

Planning on Attending:

If you are planning on attending please reply to this thread so that I can have a good idea of how many we will be hosting. I will edit this post to keep track.

In attendance:
    Kevbuckley333
    zzh54
    53driver

I'm in, if something comes up I will give as much notice as possible.
    Looks like a very good time

I'm in.
    Single cot.
    All meals.
    Gonna be fun.
    Thanks,
    Steve

wife and I are in. probably get a room at one of the hotels you mention. thanks for setting this up!

Wife and I are in. In all meals. We'll get a hotel that you mention. Thanks Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Kawi69 View Post
    Wife and I are in. In all meals. We'll get a hotel that you mention. Thanks Steve
    Kawi - this is Kev's event - not mine. I just like to promote and attend events!

we are planning to be there

Sweetie and I are planning on attending. We loved that area when we were there this fall!

My wife and I plan on attending. Looking forward to some great riding and meeting new friends. Chuck
    Remember,There are three kinds of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't.

I'm in, I ride the white mountains often and in my opinion the best riding in the country. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone as well.
    Tom