SuperBrace review!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SuperBrace review!

SuperBrace review!

I won a SuperBrace fork brace in an online poker contest put on by the company, and I installed it today with high anticipation. I was a bit skeptical at how much of a difference it would make in my handling, but I'm pleasantly surprised! At highway speed I could (before) wiggle my bars and feel a bit of a wobble in the bike. Now it feels much better. The wobble is almost non existent. Turning in corners feels much tighter, if that makes sense. The bike feels like it's on rails. I can "flick" it back and forth like a sport bike (feels more rigid). That stability will really be nice when changing lanes in traffic, and on long, fast sweeping curves.

I give it and would definitely recommend it. Anything that I add to the bike and actually feel a positive difference is worth the money.

If you're on the fence about getting one, just get it. It is super easy to install and looks great on the bike too.

Thanks SuperBrace! I really like it!

Attachment 9739

superbrace

thanks for this......i purchased one and cant wait to put it on in the spring!

It is on my list.

Anybody directly compare the SuperBrace to the Kury, in terms of installation, stiffness, and stiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    It is on my list.
    Make sure you also look at the other fork braces available (Kury and Traxxion) for comparison. They are a different design and while they all do the same thing there is quite a bit of debate on which version is better. After researching all the options I decided on a Kury fork brace.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Anybody directly compare the SuperBrace to the Kury, in terms of installation, stiffness, and stiction?
    I researched the issue before deciding on a Kury fork brace. The potential stiction issue with the Superbrace based on its one piece design is what led me to Kury. Traxxion's fork brace is based on the original multi piece Kury design which they believed to be a superior design.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Turning in corners feels much tighter, if that makes sense. The bike feels like it's on rails.
    I miss that, having come from a tuned CBR1000RR to the F6B. This is the review that has me ordering one. Will do the research on manufacturer.

I don't understand why a two piece or five piece brace would be any different once they're bolted on. Then they're both solid.

Anything is going to be more stable than the stock plastic thingy. I really noticed a difference after my Superbrace install as well. Love it!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I don't understand why a two piece or five piece brace would be any different once they're bolted on. Then they're both solid.
    I believe the concern is that there may be some slight variance (surely not much!) in the distance between the fork tubes at that location from bike to bike. The 2 piece super brace would seem to force the tubes to conform to it's dimensions where the 5 piece units adjust to whatever distance the fork tubes actually are at the time of installation.

While that may or may not be an actual issue with 2 piece units, it certainly won't be with a 5 piece unit. That is why I went with the Kury model.

Edit to add: The fork brace combined with Helibars makes it a whole different front end as far as handling goes. Best thing I have done to mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Before the breathing air is gone, before the sun is just a bright star in the night sky.