SuperBrace review! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SuperBrace review!

I've had a Superbrace installed for over 10K miles. The improvement in handling and feel was immediate and I've had no issues since the install. Fork braces make sense for this bike, for sure.

My vote goes to the SuperBrace, at least in my case. I installed one due to my home location. I live almost a mile down a gravel road with three narrow 90 degree turns and a 10 mph speed limit. All of those items work against a large heavy motorcycle especially with a pair of rather large riders aboard. In my case, the SuperBrace made a big difference in stability and worth the dollars. Each case may be different depending on the rider, their style of riding, and their environment.
    Ray

2013 F6B Deluxe with Hannigan Trike Kit (all repainted metallic silver)
    2007 EZGO Electric Golf Cart

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    You definitely don't need one, especially based on your riding style. No one actually needs a fork brace on a F6B, it's just one of those relatively cheap bolt ons that some of us enjoy adding for a little better handling, particularly in slow speed maneuvers. Some riders don't even notice any change with the fork brace while others do. It's one of those things that works well for some and not for others.

As for installation, I just followed the instructions that came with mine and checked for stiction afterwards.
    How does one check for stiction?

On mine, if you sat on the bike and compressed the fork it would stay compressed until you rocked the bike backwards to unload the fork. As I've stated elsewhere in here, this made the front fork act like it was ridged, transferring all the road impacts straight into the bars and my arthritic hands. The Superbrace install corrected this and made the ride tolerable although not as nice as several of my other bikes.

Well I like the Superbrace on my F6B so much that I ordered one for my Sportster. Can't wait to put it on!

10,000 miles with the SuperBrace, and I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't add it. If you have ever found yourself in a tight curve at a little higher speed than you needed, you'll appreciate the added stability. Think of your car without sway bars...

One caution: while this is a ten minute add-on, follow the directions! If you don't bounce the front end a little to let the brace seat before you tighten everything down properly, you will get a wobble you didn't want. Everything needs to be straight and tight. If you don't like the first results, just loosen the bolts and try again.