Solo Seat - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solo Seat

Corbin Seat Height?

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I have the Corbin heated Smuggler seat with the trunk thingy and I really like it. The extra "storage" space is good for gloves, owner's manual, bungee cords, very light jacket, and other small bits that could get easily lost in the saddlebags. It is by no means "storage" - more like a glorified glove box.

Hope this helps.
    Steve
    Thanks for the info, Steve. How does the Corbin seat height compare with the stock seat? I'm vertically challenged and would like to be a bit lower. If it's any taller at all it would not work out for me. I'm one-footing it or on the balls of my feet as it is at most stops. Wish I could sit on one and test out the dimensions before shelling out that much $$$.

I'm 5'7" with about 30" inseam.

And, yes. My feet have balls - before anyone asks...

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I have the Corbin heated Smuggler seat with the trunk thingy and I really like it. The extra "storage" space is good for gloves, owner's manual, bungee cords, very light jacket, and other small bits that could get easily lost in the saddlebags. It is by no means "storage" - more like a glorified glove box.

I reposted a few pics below....first one is the stock seat with the T-Bag on the rear seat, wrapped around the backrest, and providing me with a backrest. The MP3 lugggage rack and the nice Kury rollaway suitcase is attached. Next is the Smuggler with the lid open, and lastly, 4 standard wine bottles will fit into the "glove box." Note there is a bit more room on the right than on the left as you look at the picture.

I will switch back to the stock seat when I need serious luggage capacity.
    The Smuggler does NOT permit use of the MP3 luggage rack and consequently, the nice bag I have to go with it, nor may I affix my T-Bag to the Smuggler - needs a backrest.

So, if you OFTEN need more storage than the stock saddlebags and a big glove box can provide, I would not recommend the Smuggler.
    I only make a few big trips each year and while switching back and forth between the stock configuration and the Corbin is not difficult, it is not "recreational."
    I plan on keeping my Smuggler on unless I absolutely have to go with big luggage.

Hope this helps.
    Steve
    Mate think that Solo seat thing is pretty gay???
    I know I'm getting on but a chick on the back and that feeling on the back can't be beat by a good looking seat
    In fact a chick on the seat looks pretty fine
    Annnnnnnnnd me thinks at least a 1/2 dozen bottles of Bundy looks like it will fit

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    I ride solo all the time! As such I removed the passenger pegs and use my Cruiser Bag on the passenger portion of the stock seat. With a detachable/adjustable back pad it has turned my seat into a Lazy Boy Comfort Chair I've had many compliments from folks on how well the bike looks. Bought the Cruiser Bag from a company in Canada. Unfortunately they went out of business. The bag is 13" Diameter PVC pipe covered in Vinyl and is rigid.

Here's a few pics for clarity

Attachment 9769Attachment 9770Attachment 9771Attachment 9772Attachment 9773
    I always thought those interesting. Sorry they went belly up.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

First bike I've had that doesn't have a solo seat in years. The Mustang almost looks like one though.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The ONLY way to fly.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    hi everyone. . . i am thinking of replacing my seat with a solo seat - i only ride by myself never with a passenger. what are your comments on this and if anyone has this do you have more room for storage, or is it better just to leave the seat as is and when travelling with a luggage bag is it best to tie it down on the passenger seat area. Before i decide to do anything i would like to hear your comments. Corbin has a solo seat and where the passenger seat area was they have made extra storage. What are the pros and cons of doing this?

Bunny
    Clearly I am TOTAL agreement with riding SOLO.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stable:
    2006 Honda ST1300 (Black)
    2007 Thunder Mountain "Keystone" Chopper (Black)
    2014 HD Street Glide (Black)
    2014 Honda F6B (Black)

(previous 3 Goldwings, 2 Valkyries, 1 Road King)