Windshields
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windshields

Windshields

Looking for a new windshield....Want something I can look over or every now and then look thru.... Have a Bagger Shield now, but set up I look thru a small window..... Looking at a Madstad or a windbender.......Pros or cons....? How high do the adjust up from the base plate?... I preferer to look over.....Im 5' 10" 31" Inseam sitting on a Mustang seat......Recomdations...? Thanks

I am 5' 11'' and went with the Madstad 13" but was still not completely happy. There was still too much noise and wind in the face for highway riding in the cold here in New England. I ride all year and wanted to keep the cold off my face, so I exchanged the 13 for a 15. Now i can slide it up enough to stop all wind in my face when the temps drop and have a very quiet ride at highway speeds.
    I can move it down and see over it when I want or need.
    I think as far as looks the Windbender would have been a better choice. I wanted the height adjustability but don't need or care for the rake adjustment. You can get a Windbender without the rake adjustment.
    The Madstad gives you 3 inches of up and down movement, I don't remember what the Windbender was.

Just installed the Clearview, large...will rain for the next 4 days, sooooo I will be riding Turkey day...I will try to remember to post the result... I just moved up from a small so I am sure I will be thrilled !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I decided on F4. Clarity through the light tint is unbelievable. I also liked the fact ot can be cleaned with Windex and is scratch resistent due its' hard coating. I went to a larger screen over my OEM Honda tall and have been extremely pleased with the results. Rode in some fairly strong winds got no buffeting. I really like this product.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Windbender w/ Angle Adjustment

Its really quiet behind my windbender. I have set it to look over and never touched it afterward. Its been the first aftermarket shield I've purchased for this bike and I'm satisfied I couldn't have done better. Long dry and rainy trips have been fine behind it.

Just got back from a ride, after putting in a factory vented 16" shield and what a difference. At 5'-10" I can see over it and feel wind free with my shield open on my full face helmet.

That factory Honda tall windshield served me well for almost 25000 miles. Much better than stock but there are some great aftermarket choices out there now. When I purchased my bike, the Honda tall was the only option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Clearview Medium (15") in light tint with vent and I'm happy with it. (I have the mustang seat as well)

I've tried the windbender as well. Althouh I really liked how it performed,
    I just couldn't get used to the look of it.

I really like how my bike looks with clearview shield.

F4 Customs

The stock windshield is approx. 7" and most of the F6B riders that contact us are not satisfied with this performance. F4 Customs shields provide additional protection over the F6B stock windshield and moves air up and over rider's head, and our shield is 2" wider than the F6B stock windshield and provides great protection for shoulders and body. All F4 Customs windshields are made of high optical grade polycarbonate, are guaranteed optically perfect and WILL NOT shatter upon impact! This makes the F4 a safety upgrade, not just replacement.
    These are offered in Clear or Tint, Vented or Non Vented, various heights, and are .157" thick. We keep the same angle as the stock windshield and are DOT Approved.

The F4 Customs shield is manufactured from the Highest Optical Grade Polycarbonate available to guarantee that there is "No Distortion". Our "Baked In Coating" with our proprietary "Hard Coat Process" makes the F4 shields the most chemical and scratch resistant windscreens on the market today. "The Rain Shedding" is fantastic and our "Optical Clarity" is unmatched by any other. It can be cleaned with standard glass cleaner and a paper towel. No special polishes cleaners, or rags required.
    We would love to earn your business.
    Don

I'm still happy with my Windbender. Click this link for more info:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2...ght=windbender