Windshields

Thread: Windshields

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think windshield opinions are kind of like oil opinions...If your happy with what you use, stick with it and enjoy the ride...My bike came from the dealer with the adjustable Baggershield set to the top setting, per my request, and it I see no need to change as it works fine for me. I do not experience much wind noise, if at all, no buffeting or turbulence and I will keep it on...I know many riders like the Madstad, but it is just plain "ugly" for me, and as they say..."Too each his own".. I totally agree with an earlier post that fixed fairings with windshields have it all over just a shield stuck in front...I am getting to old to ride without some form of wind protection and really enjoy what I have on my F6B...Regards and ride safe.....

Thanks for all the opinions my question is a Madstad 11" adjusts from how low to how high? A Windbender 11" adjusts from how low to how high ? Whats the base plate height of each? Thanks

I posted a link to that info for the Windbender.

I read that post so...if the top adjusts 13-16 what height is the base plate shield....? I like the B/S set in the low position which is what I use 90% of the time....But when I want more wind protection the 11" dark tint bottom with the top up seems to provide to small of a picture to look thru.... I prefer to be able to look just over the top and still have more protection and not see such a dark area.....make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by vstar09 View Post
    I read that post so...if the top adjusts 13-16 what height is the base plate shield....? I like the B/S set in the low position which is what I use 90% of the time....But when I want more wind protection the 11" dark tint bottom with the top up seems to provide to small of a picture to look thru.... I prefer to be able to look just over the top and still have more protection and not see such a dark area.....make sense?
    The base is about the same size as the stock shied. I'm 5'11", 32" inseam and with the shield up I can see over it and with it down I can see way over it. I mostly ride with it one notch up. 13-16" is actual hight. I measure from the dash panel where the Honda sign is by the LCD screen.

Here's a couple more pics.

Attachment 9853 Attachment 9854

Thanks... about the same inseem and height.......how is it at 70-80 mph....?