Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
I researched windshields for days and came up with the Clearview as my choice. I talked with the company and decided on the large as I am 6'1". The difference was huge but there is a lot more whind noise than on the batwing of my 2009 Ultra. I then changed the seat to a Mustang which sits you lower by an inch. A little better but I don't think this is perfect yet. I'm going to leave this alone for a while to try to sort this out but I find highway buffeting at 70-80 miles per hour to be annoying over long periods. I have 3 types of helmets but find my half helmet almost useless with this setup.
Aero stuff can get very tricky and needs to be adjusted for the person. As stated just lowering your head 1" makes a difference. The same is true if a seat moves you forward or back. A person needs to find their "sweet spot ". If you are sitting on the bike the top of the shield should be about level with the bridge of your nose. This is a good rule of thumb for standard shields. As I said earlier, bigger is not better. Why? Think of it this way-a vacuum moves blades thru the air and the motion sucks air to replace the air disturbed by the blade. The same aerodynamic principle is true with a windshield on your bike. While the shield is punching a hole in the air, you are sitting behind it enjoying the vacuum. However wind is rushing up from the bottom to replace the air being displaced by by the windshield. This is where the buffeting comes into play. The smaller the shield, the less the buffeting. It is air coming up from below that causing the problem. The fixed fairing really helps a lot. Other things such as lowers also help.

The angle of the shield also comes into play, but the problem with that is there is not any adjustments to be made on our B.