Windshields - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windshields

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post

The angle of the shield also comes into play, but the problem with that is there is not any adjustments to be made on our B.
    That's why the Madstad and windbender work so well, not to mention the "engineered dual airflow".

I have no doubt that the Madstad works awesome but, for those of us that can't get beyond the looks of it, the Windbender is a great alternative. That's why I went that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    While it looks good, it doesn't even compare to the Madstad that I own. Have you tried the Madstad? Lowest noise and buffet level of "all" that I have tried.
    I can't imagine less buffeting and noise than my adjustable Baggershield with the 19"" clear top piece in place.
    Did you try the 11"/19" Baggershield for comparison?
    If so, is the M/S really that much better than the B/S?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I have no doubt that the Madstad works awesome but, for those of us that can't get beyond the looks of it, the Windbender is a great alternative. That's why I went that direction.
    I hear ya on the looks, I am going to sell all my standard shields and get a windbender and compare it to my madstad. Whichever works the best of the two, is the one I will keep. I'm tired of changing shields. The windbender has it in the looks dept.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I can't imagine less buffeting and noise than my adjustable Baggershield with the 19"" clear top piece in place.
    Did you try the 11"/19" Baggershield for comparison?
    If so, is the M/S really that much better than the B/S?
    Your welcome to ride mine and compare. The B/S is a cool concept. "Sport to tour" in a sec.

Clearview Short

here is a picture of the Clearview Short. (since you asked) I ended up with the Medium, light grey. I LOVE IT!
    Blotar

f6b clearviewshort.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Blotar View Post
    here is a picture of the Clearview Short. (since you asked) I ended up with the Medium, light grey. I LOVE IT!
    Blotar

Attachment 9849
    I have one just like it.....love the look and quality....too short for me.

I think windshield opinions are kind of like oil opinions...If your happy with what you use, stick with it and enjoy the ride...My bike came from the dealer with the adjustable Baggershield set to the top setting, per my request, and it I see no need to change as it works fine for me. I do not experience much wind noise, if at all, no buffeting or turbulence and I will keep it on...I know many riders like the Madstad, but it is just plain "ugly" for me, and as they say..."Too each his own".. I totally agree with an earlier post that fixed fairings with windshields have it all over just a shield stuck in front...I am getting to old to ride without some form of wind protection and really enjoy what I have on my F6B...Regards and ride safe.....

Thanks for all the opinions my question is a Madstad 11" adjusts from how low to how high? A Windbender 11" adjusts from how low to how high ? Whats the base plate height of each? Thanks

I posted a link to that info for the Windbender.