not really happy - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: not really happy

With only the side stand to control the pressure of the rear tire is not easy....I have to lie down on the floor to get to the valve!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Good idea, Jimmytee All metal valve stems, either steel or aluminum, are a big improvement, at least to me. You can eliminate those worrysome plastic retaining clips and, as an added bonus, you don't have to hold the stem to check tire pressure.
    Mother Honda Engineers designed the aluminum wheel specifically with a tit to hold/secure the plastic valve stem supports. Unsnapping the support from the tit and applying a dab of Black Permatex Gasket Maker and re-installing the support does wonders in firmly affixing it to the wheel

When I saw the 90 degree valve stem my heart took a leap. An unexpected surprise. With my Victory and Road King you had to take the bag off. Bought a 90 degree air gauge just to check it. Just got my center stand in. I consider it an upgrade. Glass half full for me!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    With only the side stand to control the pressure of the rear tire is not easy....I have to lie down on the floor to get to the valve!

Thats why my garage is carpeted !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Mother Honda Engineers designed the aluminum wheel specifically with a tit to hold/secure the plastic valve stem supports. Unsnapping the support from the tit and applying a dab of Black Permatex Gasket Maker and re-installing the support does wonders in firmly affixing it to the wheel
    The idea behind the bolt on valve stems is that the keeper is no longer needed and the valve stems are stout and secure on their own. On the one on my Valk, they are solid and don't need to be held to keep them from bending or distorting away as apply pressure from a tire guage or hose.

http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/chro...ms/4102/124629

https://www.jakewilson.com/p/1753/19...=valve%20stems

A center stand is well worth the $300 or so it will cost you in the long run. None of my Harleys had them and airing up was a PIA, no more.
    ss^,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Thats why my garage is carpeted !!!!

Ahahahahahahaahah!!!!!!

great idea!

Here I have to do the contortionist... luckily I have my wife that keeps me the bike tilted!

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    A center stand is well worth the $300 or so it will cost you in the long run. None of my Harleys had them and airing up was a PIA, no more.
    Got mine off a trike conversion for $50.

Anyone else find that pesky spring to be a PIA? I work on my own bikes and am a HVAC-R service technician, so I am used to do things mechanical, but the spring forced some sailor language out of me and I was Army. The difficulty was with trying to grip that spring and pull it far enough to hook around the point on the center stand. I ended up using a needle nose vise grip coupled with a 4 ft. squeeze clamp to pull the spring.