not really happy - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: not really happy

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Anyone else find that pesky spring to be a PIA? I work on my own bikes and am a HVAC-R service technician, so I am used to do things mechanical, but the spring forced some sailor language out of me and I was Army. The difficulty was with trying to grip that spring and pull it far enough to hook around the point on the center stand. I ended up using a needle nose vise grip coupled with a 4 ft. squeeze clamp to pull the spring.
    I used the method of placing 11 ea. flat washers between the spring coils! The spring stretches in length and drops onto the posts. Simply remove each washer with pliers and the spring is in place.

Here's one of the original Threads/Post on the subject

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...tand-Installed

I would suggest you do some searches on topics such as the spring install etc. There have been efforts by many folks and remedies have been suggested for most if not all of the problems with accessories/components of the 6

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    I used the method of placing 11 ea. flat washers between the spring coils! The spring stretches in length and drops onto the posts. Simply remove each washer with pliers and the spring is in place.

Here's one of the original Threads/Post on the subject

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...tand-Installed

I would suggest you do some searches on topics such as the spring install etc. There have been efforts by many folks and remedies have been suggested for most if not all of the problems with accessories/components of the 6
    You know the thought had occurred to me to try that, but I was stubborn at the time and dismissed that it would work. No I persevered and got it on the way I mentioned. Anyhow, it's already done so I'm not too concerned about it now.

My post does have a hint of sarcasm to it. It is a P.I.T.A. but if that is the only thing I find that I don't like I will still be unbelievably happy with my purchase. However I do see a center stand purchase in my future.
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Anyone else find that pesky spring to be a PIA?.
    I had a spring puller left over from a LeoVince pipe installation on another bike. It's just a T-handle with a hook on the end. Worked perfectly.

I guess I'm one of the filthy few that doesn't mind getting down and dirty on the ground to put air in my tires. That's how I've done it all my life and even as I get older it still doesn't bother me. The F6B is a actually a breeze compared to some other bikes I've owned.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I guess I'm one of the filthy few that doesn't mind getting down and dirty on the ground to put air in my tires. That's how I've done it all my life and even as I get older it still doesn't bother me. The F6B is a actually a breeze compared to some other bikes I've owned.
    Yep. See post #13

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    Yep....At 74 and almost 75, I still lie down on the ground to check and clean my rims/pipes etc..I have a nice little rug I bought that works just fine and adds a little cushion..I don't find airing up the tires much more difficult than others I have owned...The Victory Vision was a royal PITA, although...I do have a centerstand, but as I get older and starting to get a "bum" left knee, I cannot put the bike on the stand without help...Usually my younger neighbor or my son are around so all is okay....