Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
Well, they attach to existing valve covers using existing two bolts per side. The original chrome strip is plastic and is held in place with said screws and double sided tape. Rivco bracket is metal and much thicker. There is nothing weak about the brackets that I can tell. It's all metal and works as advertised.

I hope this helps. Also look at above posts for pictures as well as link I posted to my own pictures in a different post.
Here are some pics that hopefully will answer your questions as Cool Hand Luke has explained it.

The first pic is the two bolt holes that the metal bracket is attached to...the chrome piece has been removed as well as the left over two sided tape......also in the first pic is the bottom valve cover mounted with the three stock hex head bolts......the second pic is the metal bracket installed and shows the mount for the pegs with the mounting holes.......the third pic is the foot rest mounted to the metal bracket. There are five holes (two of which are used) for adjustment. Hope this helps.

3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pictures..........

GAWD I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!!!!
Ride Safe and often!!!!