Sweet!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweet!!!

Are there any concerns about the added stress these put on the valve cover mounting bosses on the heads? This is the only thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger on this new product.

Put mine on today. Ride tested them and they work great!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluegs View Post
    Are there any concerns about the added stress these put on the valve cover mounting bosses on the heads? This is the only thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger on this new product.
    In my opinion there is no problem, very solid mount. Only time will tell for sure.

Pull the trigger....

Quote Originally Posted by Fluegs View Post
    I road tested mine and they are very solid and secure. Remember these are not foot pegs but foot rests. They are not designed for your entire weight on them like the foot pegs are...front or rear. They are designed to be used an an alternate foot rest so you can stretch those legs out while cruising down the hiway. Granted if the bike falls with the foot rests out it will do some major damage to the mounting bosses and the valve covers, but I got into the habit of not using them and folding them in when I am in heavy traffic, in town or going slow. On the open road I use them regularly.

The only thing I worry about is forgetting to fold them back in when I pull into a gas station and getting them hung up on a gas pump hose....that happened to a friend of mine and it wasn't pretty.

Ride Safe But Often!!!

I left mine open in the garage just to show my wife how nice and clean they looked. I think you'd have to be blind and oblivious to have a mishap at a gas station ;-)

I really like these, buy my concern is how far the stick out in the closed position that even in the event of laying one over, the are further out than the engine guards. The picture on the top right shows that. Can you verify and let me know ?

Is that chrome piece on the bike where they mount just a cosmetic piece? Is there any exposure of engine parts?

I like the pegs and will probably add them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowskeeter1 View Post
    I really like these, buy my concern is how far the stick out in the closed position that even in the event of laying one over, the are further out than the engine guards. The picture on the top right shows that. Can you verify and let me know ?
    In the closed position the pegs do stick out farther than the front engine protector bars, but not by much. You can review the pictures of mine here:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?39-RIVCO-Products

I do not know if in certain type of tip over the pegs would or would not cause damage, everything's possible. In my opinion, in the worst case scenario one might need to replace the valve cover on the tipped over side, if damaged. Quite possibly the valve cover might survive the drop, especially if pegs are folded at the time of drop. I think this would be a good question for Rivco as they may have already tested it for this.

For me, I am fine with it. I haven't dropped a bike in decades and this one has such low center of gravity I don't forsee it being a problem. If I happen to fall while riding, the pegs causing damage to valve cover would be the least of my worries. Anything to do with bikes is a benefit vs. risk so to me the benefit of these pegs outweighs the risk. Just came back from a 200 mile ride today and these pegs are just wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Is that chrome piece on the bike where they mount just a cosmetic piece? Is there any exposure of engine parts?

I like the pegs and will probably add them in the future.
    Yes, the chromed piece is just cosmetic, I believe it is plastic. There is no exposure of engine parts, you could ride the bike without the chrome piece. It even mounts with the double sided tape!

Rivco mount is metal, much thicker than the original chromed piece, very solid. It might be that way that in the event of tip over it would spread the force over the greater surface area and prevent damage to valve covers, and of course to support the weight of your feet on the pegs.

Pegs are very nice and functional. In my opinion they enhance the esthetics of the bike and don't look tacked on.

Damit! This bike is torturing my credit card! You guys convinced me, ordered mine yesterday...... sweet pegs, my goal is to keep the bike dark and sleek, no "tack-on" adds, and NO chrome!