Sweet!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sweet!!!

OK Maybe someone here can help me! I have called Rivco twice, and the tech dept has not returned my calls.
    I would like to know how these are mounted and what do they attach to. In other words, do they use bolt, double sided tape, string, gum...? and do they attach to the valve covers, heads, exhaust manifolds, front wheel....? (kidding about the gum and wheel). Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluegs View Post
    OK Maybe someone here can help me! I have called Rivco twice, and the tech dept has not returned my calls.
    I would like to know how these are mounted and what do they attach to. In other words, do they use bolt, double sided tape, string, gum...? and do they attach to the valve covers, heads, exhaust manifolds, front wheel....? (kidding about the gum and wheel). Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Well, they attach to existing valve covers using existing two bolts per side. The original chrome strip is plastic and is held in place with said screws and double sided tape. Rivco bracket is metal and much thicker. There is nothing weak about the brackets that I can tell. It's all metal and works as advertised.

I hope this helps. Also look at above posts for pictures as well as link I posted to my own pictures in a different post.

Here Ya go.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Well, they attach to existing valve covers using existing two bolts per side. The original chrome strip is plastic and is held in place with said screws and double sided tape. Rivco bracket is metal and much thicker. There is nothing weak about the brackets that I can tell. It's all metal and works as advertised.

I hope this helps. Also look at above posts for pictures as well as link I posted to my own pictures in a different post.
    Here are some pics that hopefully will answer your questions as Cool Hand Luke has explained it.

The first pic is the two bolt holes that the metal bracket is attached to...the chrome piece has been removed as well as the left over two sided tape......also in the first pic is the bottom valve cover mounted with the three stock hex head bolts......the second pic is the metal bracket installed and shows the mount for the pegs with the mounting holes.......the third pic is the foot rest mounted to the metal bracket. There are five holes (two of which are used) for adjustment. Hope this helps.

3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pictures..........

GAWD I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!!!!
    Ride Safe and often!!!!

Thanks guys! That helped a lot. My last question is....is the purpose of the two existing screws that the bracket mounts to originally to bolt the top and bottom valve covers together, and they do not connect to the heads. Make sense?

Thanks guys! That helped a lot. My last question is....is the purpose of the two existing screws that the bracket mounts to originally to bolt the top and bottom valve covers together, and they do not connect to the heads. Make sense?
    Without taking it all apart again...........Yes! After the valve covers are bolted to the heads using the three bolts on top and bottom, there are two bolt holes (lack of a better term), which are attached to the valve covers (I can't remember if it's the top one or the bottom one or both) where the bracket bolt mounts to.

Quote Originally Posted by BACA View Post
    Without taking it all apart again...........Yes! After the valve covers are bolted to the heads using the three bolts on top and bottom, there are two bolt holes (lack of a better term), which are attached to the valve covers (I can't remember if it's the top one or the bottom one or both) where the bracket bolt mounts to.
    Great! Thanks. My concern was that the brackets where connected to the heads, and could cause damage to one in case of an accident. Valve cover replacement is not that big of a problem. Think I will order a set in the morning.

I ordered mine last week, got a call from Rivco today, said the pegs won't ship for 2-3 weeks so no need for fast delivery service.

Great! Thanks. My concern was that the brackets where connected to the heads, and could cause damage to one in case of an accident. Valve cover replacement is not that big of a problem. Think I will order a set in the morning.
    I road tested mine on Saturday and they are nice....stylish....and the best set up I have ever had on my Goldwings, Valkyrie and other bikes I've owned......you will like them, quality workmanship and well worth the price.

Ride Safe but often!

BACA, thanks for taking them apart and posting the pics. Clears it up for us.

My question is, how hot are your shins, ankles and feet sitting next the the valve covers? And I'm sure the radiator fans are blowing hot air on your legs too. Too much heat is a serious issue in the scorching desert.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    BACA, thanks for taking them apart and posting the pics. Clears it up for us.

My question is, how hot are your shins, ankles and feet sitting next the the valve covers? And I'm sure the radiator fans are blowing hot air on your legs too. Too much heat is a serious issue in the scorching desert.

Wish I could comment on how hot your shins will get, but here in the NW, we do not get the hot weather like you folks to in Arizona. Saturday when I was riding it was about 82, which is a little above normal for us. My shins didn't get warm at all.