Somebody managed ape hangers - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Somebody managed ape hangers

Quote Originally Posted by mctommy65 View Post
    Anymore pics and details?

illegal in Ohio

I just learned that those bars are way past the legal limit in Ohio.

I didn't know Ohio had a law re: Ape hangers.. Last week I was required to take some recurrent training

for the Sheriff's Office I work for... I elected to take a short online course on "motorcycle safety"

Safety my Arse, it was all Enforcement! One section was on handlebars... Handlebar grips may be NO MORE than 15" above the

center of the saddle or seat where the driver sits. That measurement is calculated by measuring up then using a horizontal line to the top of the grips...

15" isn't that much really.

That got me thinking... My F6B bars rise up nearly a foot... and my seat is below the bar mounts...

I went out and measured it. It was legal, but not by much.

Apes in Ohio? good Luck if you want them... Every trooper in Ohio who needs a little recurrent trng time will take this new short course. I see alot of guys getting popped this summer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

I also like the red wheels, did you paint them or have them powder coated? Sharp looking bike!
    Remember,There are three kinds of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Yep...black and red were my schools colors !!! Hot !!! and for those who have never tried the apes...they are extremely comfortable to ride !!! I don't see the problem with making your bike "yours".... I know I own stock in a couple of our vendors businesses !!!!!

The KW shield is HOT as well but they will not be making a TALL shield....
    Agreed! That bike looks cool and as long as the owner likes it that's all that matters.

Regarding the KW shield, I saw on their website that they now offer a taller vented shield for the GW. Seems the KW GW tall shield should fit our F6B. I have a Vstream made for a GW on my F6B and I was able to install it with no issues. GW shields appear to be interchangeable with the F6B.

Just stating what the GM said to me in Daytona...thats why I ordered a Clearview...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Those apes gotta kill the handling of the 6.

Quote Originally Posted by mctommy65 View Post
    Nice Hot Rod look, very well done.

shooter
    Hey Tommy , not my cup of tea but I like it for you brother. I don't believe you was trying to make it look like a Harley but rather an F6B with apes. Like the red wheels. Do your thing man. There are always haters. Ignore them. Until they start making your payments its your to do as you want. Mod on!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    That looks like GoAz Motorcycles in Scottsdale, Az. That's where I bought my bike, but I haven't seen that one.
    Yes, it's Go AZ in Scottsdale. I work there, come on up and see my bike!

Thanks Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Hey Tommy , not my cup of tea but I like it for you brother. I don't believe you was trying to make it look like a Harley but rather an F6B with apes. Like the red wheels. Do your thing man. There are always haters. Ignore them. Until they start making your payments its your to do as you want. Mod on!!!!
    Thanks Shooter! It's my first GL and I love it. I'm just making it mine! And it handles great!