Somebody managed ape hangers - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Somebody managed ape hangers

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    I have to agree with Steve here, What ever you want to do with YOUR bike is ok by me. Personally I cant see how Apes could be comfortable, But I am told they are. I would love to try a set to see..........
    I had 16" apes on my roadstar, hands at shoulder height... I got them because of the looks but they were the most comfortable addition i've ever made to a bike! Still waiting on the info so I can make this my winter mod!

Quote Originally Posted by coachk View Post
    I had 16" apes on my roadstar, hands at shoulder height... I got them because of the looks but they were the most comfortable addition i've ever made to a bike! Still waiting on the info so I can make this my winter mod!
    Looks like to me you could buy some ape hangers, get a bar back kit where you would have something that bolts up, employee the services of a good welder, then have the whole shabang powder coated. Custom clutch and brake hoses, but your on your own for electrics and throttle cables. This isn't that big of a deal to get done.

For the simple reason , which is luck of proper circulation in my arms and hands - I WOULDN'T DO IT ... But that's me

^ I like it !

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Looks like to me you could buy some ape hangers, get a bar back kit where you would have something that bolts up, employee the services of a good welder, then have the whole shabang powder coated. Custom clutch and brake hoses, but your on your own for electrics and throttle cables. This isn't that big of a deal to get done.
    Yeah I extended all the electrical and did the new brake, clutch, and throttle lines...that really wasn't a big deal, but I'm not a metal fab guy...i was just wanting to know how he did the handlebars...guess you could just have someone weld some extensions into the existing ones

Quote Originally Posted by coachk View Post
    Yeah I extended all the electrical and did the new brake, clutch, and throttle lines...that really wasn't a big deal, but I'm not a metal fab guy...i was just wanting to know how he did the handlebars...guess you could just have someone weld some extensions into the existing ones
    I'm sure that's what he did, as far as I know, no one makes a true replacement bar. A good welder could take some bar back/risers such as these:
    http://www.leatherup.com/p/Motorcycl...wC2RoCfjXw_wcB

and make any bar mountable. You just have to be innovative. A number of us have used innovation for removable trunks and many other accsys. that no one makes off the shelf.

It would be nice if the dude that did it would let those interested know how he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    ...It would be nice if the dude that did it would let those interested know how he did it.
    Maybe too obvious but a direct private message to the owner of the bike might be better than waiting possibly forever for him to return to this thread.

BTW: I like the ape setup and the over all aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Perfect name for that bike

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Perfect name for that bike
    It's better than a cafe racer.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.