Windshields - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Windshields

I read that post so...if the top adjusts 13-16 what height is the base plate shield....? I like the B/S set in the low position which is what I use 90% of the time....But when I want more wind protection the 11" dark tint bottom with the top up seems to provide to small of a picture to look thru.... I prefer to be able to look just over the top and still have more protection and not see such a dark area.....make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by vstar09 View Post
    I read that post so...if the top adjusts 13-16 what height is the base plate shield....? I like the B/S set in the low position which is what I use 90% of the time....But when I want more wind protection the 11" dark tint bottom with the top up seems to provide to small of a picture to look thru.... I prefer to be able to look just over the top and still have more protection and not see such a dark area.....make sense?
    The base is about the same size as the stock shied. I'm 5'11", 32" inseam and with the shield up I can see over it and with it down I can see way over it. I mostly ride with it one notch up. 13-16" is actual hight. I measure from the dash panel where the Honda sign is by the LCD screen.

Here's a couple more pics.

Attachment 9853 Attachment 9854

Thanks... about the same inseem and height.......how is it at 70-80 mph....?

Quote Originally Posted by vstar09 View Post
    Thanks... about the same inseem and height.......how is it at 70-80 mph....?
    Very nice. I bumped it up a notch yesterday when I took a trip up the interstate. I was wearing a half helmet with no annoying buffeting. I also have Baker hand wings which help A LOT. Stereo sounds great too.

I've tried a few other shields (Honda tall, Baggershield, full Goldwing) but I decided on the Windbender because of the function, adjustability and looks.

Thanks Bobby, I think thats the direction I may go.....and the Baker hand wings are great have them too

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I have one just like it.....love the look and quality....too short for me.
    How tall are you? At 5'9", I was hoping the short would work for me.

I am 5'9" and the adjustable Baggershield works perfect for me..I have it set all the way up and I can't imagine any better wind protection than what I have...I know many like the Madstad, but it is to complex looking for me...For the money I truly enjoy the one I have....