One of these.. is not like the other..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One of these.. is not like the other.....

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Couch Rocket View Post
    Wow. So much outdated thinking in one post.
    Wow, so obvious that the post was a joke Life isn't always serious.

By the way on a serious note ....

Did you know that 80% of ALL Harley's ever built in the past 80 years are still on the road ... You would think that this would be an impressive figure, however just so that you know .... the other 20% made it home (just kidding, no one get their panties in a wad).

I have many Harley friends and razzing each other between our rice burners and their hogs is part of having a good time between bikers. A biker is a biker regardless of what you ride or in some cases ..... push.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom6B View Post
    Wow, so obvious that the post was a joke Life isn't always serious.

By the way on a serious note ....

Did you know that 80% of ALL Harley's ever built in the past 80 years are still on the road ... You would think that this would be an impressive figure, however just so that you know .... the other 20% made it home (just kidding, no one get their panties in a wad).

I have many Harley friends and razzing each other between our rice burners and their hogs is part of having a good time between bikers. A biker is a biker regardless of what you ride or in some cases ..... push.
    I hang with Harley riders too and my comment to their "Rice Burner" statements has always been....."Well if you can smell rice burning that must mean I'm ahead of you!!!" They always laugh and we move on.........

The only thing modern about a Harley is the Price...

IamBatmanF6B
    All I can say is.......................I own a Street Glide and the more I ride this F6B the less I want to ride my Street Glide. I can't believe all of the positive comments I have been getting on this thing, even from the hardcore H.D. riders. The one comment I have heard from like four different people is "I really don't care for an all blacked out motorcycle but that thing is cool". It's nice owning something different that a lot of people aren't sure of what the heck it is.

Riding with Harleys

My motorcycle group (Sons Of Confederate Veterans) was asked to give another group a 'Southern' Flair to their memorial ride for one of their members. I did not take part in the ride but I was waiting in the cemetery in Confederate uniform. They had their ceremony, my group did the last drink with the grave. There was a musket salute. I then played TAPS. Afterwards, they all went to a barbecue. I own a 1300R VTX. I had to ride at the back of the pack because my bike was "NOT" American made. Ha, My bike was made in Ohio, before Honda packed up.I just laughed at them. I did my honor.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJePH View Post
    I own a 1300R VTX. I had to ride at the back of the pack because my bike was "NOT" American made. Ha, My bike was made in Ohio, before Honda packed up.I just laughed at them. I did my honor.
    Outdated thinking runs both ways. Being both a Harley-Davidson and Honda owner I get those comments a lot. My previous Honda, a 1998 ACE Tourer (VT1100T) was from Marysfield, OH as well. "American as apple pie". (just ate it w/ chopsticks.)

Anything newer than a '68 model isn't a "Real" Harley is it?

Cool

Well maybe since the bowling company, AMF...I had one as a child with AMF on the tank....but then again w/o AMF H.D. would have gone tits up....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com