2015 F6B has cruise control option. What about us? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 F6B has cruise control option. What about us?

I tend to agree, we are a jump on the wagon for all the new goodies bunch of folks. Be it phones, bikes, or what ever.

There will always be something new and improved.... I really don't understand anyone that is a current owner trading up just for a color or cruise?

But what ever gets your motor running is fine with me.

Having done both I would rather spend a weekend installing cruise, or tearing a bike down and getting it painted a color I really wanted with GOOD paint rather than settling for a bone stock color Honda thinks will sell. But that's me. I do understand some would rather not touch a bike but would rather ride it, and I guess that's why they sell the new goodies?

Just curious...Has anyone ever purchased a bike that they were perfectly happy with??..If we all got what we wanted with all the things we think are important and necessary, the bike companies would go out of business as they would have no need to update or improve their products....Why is it that most of us think we "have-to-have" the latest and greatest products and are willing to spend countless dollars for stuff we really don't need!!...Probably, because as Americans, we are one of the most "spoiled" and "coddled" peoples in the world and have a lot of disposable income to buy things!!...I guess as one gets older "things" become far less significant and important....JMHO...But I am not ready to give up my F6B yet!!!

Honda seems to have learned from Harley, take a basic engine keep it and just keep upgrading the accessory package, maybe they'll even come out with a CVO f6b. Makes sense, creates an automatic market for things that already exist on their other models.
    ss^,
    Ken

I just noticed the parts schematic is now available for the 2015. It looks like the cruise control switch gear is $170.10. Who is going to be the first to mate this with an aftermarket cruise control?
    http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oempa.../handle-switch

Hell, I'll give it a shot. now wheres that card my wife hid from me?

Anecdotal Comment:

Prior to the days of internet forums I was predominantly happy with just about any purchase I made. Especially regarding vehicles. Once the enthusiast forums became available I spent more time reading about something I had just purchased than I did just enjoying my new toy.

I purchased my F6B on a whim after speaking to an owner who couldn't say enough good things about the bike. I didn't realize that a motorcycle could have a cruise control or a reverse gear. The F6B is a solid platform and fortunately does not have any real issues. We don't really have many posts here about things breaking and I find that to be encouraging.

The general nature of a motorcycle is something most of us will personalize and make it our own. Because of that I find internet forums to be a double edge sword. I find all kinds of things that I would like to accessorize my bike with and at the same time become aware of some of the limitations. So while I would probably enjoy a cruise control setup and there are times when a certainly could use a reverse gear, I think for the most part I'm happy with what the F6B is and the enjoyment I get out of riding it. Should the time come where something else attracts my attention I'll weigh the pro's and cons and make my decision from there.

Enjoy your bikes, not everyone is as fortunate as we are to even be in the position to own one.

"Enjoy your bikes, not everyone is as fortunate as we are to even be in the position to own one". Very well put.
    2013 F6B in black of course

I Feel The Same As DaWadd

My friends drool over my F6B with envy, and the Harley owners ask more questions than anybody, most having not heard about them yet. These are the hottest bikes on the street right now, 13, 14 or 15. If you got one you are looking good.

i will be the first to say that i wish my bike had cruise control
    but heres my thoughts on this subject now
    after many windshields i'm finally happy
    don't ask me which one or why please
    as we all have found out there is no perfect windscreen
    i have upgraded the sound system to my liking(thanks Jimmie Tee!)
    i added a razor tour pack and thats where my sub lives now
    i added a break away right when i first got it and i'm used to it now
    my ultimate king seat is flat out the perfect seat for me...
    i added a k&n and switched to rotella t6 and use wix filters
    i bought a brake bleeder and brake fluid so i limit my visits to the stealer
    i added heli bars and i can say my bike fits me perfect
    Dark side Michelin run flat
    i really hope honda reads our posts
    really
    when you loose this much value on a product as we have i guess the best thing is to say is I have learned a valuable lesson
    i will never buy a motorcycle that does not have ALL the things i wanted
    WE ALL SETTELED FOR THIS BIKE WITH OUT THIS STUFF!!
    lets just STOP whinning about this and ride the piss out of them
    shame on us for expecting honda to make the paint right or a add on cruise control
    take charge of your own path lifes to dam short to be un happy with buyers remorse
    nuff said

Knowing Full Well

I find it rather amazing and amusing that folks knowingly buy a motorcycle and in advance of the purchase they know exactly what the machine has and doesn't have in regards to standard accessories. IMHO Honda did a remarkable job of accurately describing the differences between the 2013/2014 Basic/Delux Models. Knowing that the "American Edition" had neither cruise, ABS, reverse or even a tool kit was rather clear in all brochures and other media data Honda provided. With all that information in hand, prior to a purchase, why would anyone in their "right mind" buy a bike only to complain of what it didn't offer and complain about it for the duration of "ownership" I'm guessing that ones "infatuation" with the "looks" and "style" of the F6B overcame any logical reasons that should have prevailed before making a major/expensive purchase. Now that the 2015 are here with the much wanted "cruise" one can remedy their self proclaimed mistake and trade their "ill equipped" 6 on the "newest model". You can almost surely bet that after the purchase of a 15 American version the complaint will be the lack of ABS. That said, I beginning to think that the purchase of a "full blown Wing" would have been the right thing for folks wanting "it all". The GL1800 with the surgically removed trunk seems like the more logical purchase. Honda made the F6B available because of "customer want" at a "price break" folks could afford. It all comes down to purchasing a Yugo or Tata and wanting all the "bells and whistles" of a BMW or Caddy...."you get what you pay for"