Define Yourself - F6B Owner/Rider - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Define Yourself - F6B Owner/Rider

I like riding with friends, belonged to a few clubs. But i have only found one person who could actually hang with me and and what I truly love. I like to ride hard, I've knocked out several Iron Butts, bot on my Sabre and My VTX. I met a guy in AZ who thought i was nuts when I asked him to do one with me. However, after a few long rides with him he realized it was possible. We did a 1k 24 hours, a 1500 in under 36 hours and a 1500 in 24 hours. he has a VTX 1800F. I use to make fun of the Goldwings that did Iron butts. Nothing like a 24 hours in your Lazyboy recliner. However, 4th of July weekend I have my B lined up for 2 1k/24 hour trips.

So what kind of rider am I? One that just like to know where the limits are at and step on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by BadDawg View Post
    4th of July weekend I have my B lined up for 2 1k/24 hour trips.

My kind of riding. I rode 1k miles on a Friday to get to the Franklin F6 rally, spent Saturday, rode 1k miles home on Sunday, and loved every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    My kind of riding. I rode 1k miles on a Friday to get to the Franklin F6 rally, spent Saturday, rode 1k miles home on Sunday, and loved every minute of it.
    What kind of seat you got? My Sabre and VTX are home made bar hopper seats. I'll do the B on the stock seat.

Have been able to average about 12,000 miles every summer since I retired in 2005....8,000 of those miles alone, the other 4 K with a group of five others (3 harley and 2 honda riders)....six bikes in the same area is plenty.....

If the road is paved, has some curves and no more than two lanes...I'm on it....Like a drink to relax at the end of the day's ride...I like to ride to see what's there....and enjoy the scenery.....don't care much for ralleys, shows, meetings and such....too many people....too many possibilities....most of which are bad....

In the last ten summers, I have logged over 100,000 miles on the two lanes highways of Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, southern British Columbia and Northern California.....and many of those roads I've seen the scenery comin' and goin'....and I 've loved every minute of it..

Spend 7 to 10 days each month, May thru September, on the road....stay in motels, eat in local cafes and pubs, pull over when it rains, and usually travel less than 300 miles a day....retirement is by far the best job I.ve ever had.....

Have owned 17 motorcycles since 1964.....the last 3 have been Honda VTXs and my F6B....all bulletproof and dependable.....not to mention comfortable and faster than most....

May the Force be with you One and All....Steve

Quote Originally Posted by BadDawg View Post
    What kind of seat you got? My Sabre and VTX are home made bar hopper seats. I'll do the B on the stock seat.
    Stock, and I carry an airhawk and a mesh no sweat pad, three comfort changes for the old butt.

Over 50 years of riding - 500 000 miles on dozens of bikes - Discovered on 2 wheels : Europe , Africa and most parts of our magnificent N. American continent . Riding solo , listening the music of the wind and catching the beauty of the world . Happy and thirsty of new adventures . F6B is the best of all . Biking is in my heart and soul . Planning to write the book .

Much like hiflyer I ride mostly alone or with one other. I don't like the group dynamics at all.

Like a lot of posts here, I spend a lot of time riding alone, but enjoy a Sunday morning ride with a few others going for breakfast and laughs. I ride out to Idaho every year to see my Grandson and daughter and haven't
    found a better way to see the USA. My wife isn't a bike person other than about 10 miles for dinner once a year. She flied out to Idaho and I ride. I do most of my own bike work, have to have a clean bike, am not afraid to
    twist the grip and don't want a bike that everyone else has. I've done the HD thing and liked the bikes but didn't need all the Lifestyle stuff. I am contemplating the purchase of a second bike to do a little riding with my son.
    He likes to ride but can't afford a bike right now, is in his mid twenties and finally getting a clue. I would love to spend more time with him and think riding together would give us a way to have fun and maybe teach each other
    something yet. So I am kinda looking around for a Valkyrie. I've been riding for 45 years or so and will probably continue till the day I die.

shooter
    Convert get that second bike. I was out of street riding for 20+ years until my boy bought a ninja. I bought a new 109 and we have been having a blast ever since. Its amazing how close you can get to your son on a bike. Also gives him a chance to observe proper riding technique and etiquette.

I actually like to ride alone, can't stand herding cats. I no longer want to be responsible for anyone or anything other than ME. I have never been lost and like the ideal of seeing where this road goes... Never been a joiner, although I do enjoy the rallies once or twice a year. I find it funny that someone would refuse to ride,buy or borrow another brand of motorcycle... I am sure they are not that way with women! I have ridden many times to N.C. or the Keys by myself...I like myself although at times I have not and the long rides help sort that out. I do enjoy wrenching, I like to figure out WHY this does that! I live by a creed that I respect everyone and expect everyone respect me... life is short...you better be making yourself happy...it will end soon!

Nice thread Elin...offers a new perspective ....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com