Define Yourself - F6B Owner/Rider - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Define Yourself - F6B Owner/Rider

I usually ride alone or with one other close friend. Got away from the group riding because of the politics involved. Now I come and go as I want and no one is dictating where and when we go. I can take my time which is normally what I do. Try to do as close to the speedlimit as I can.

I typically ride alone but on some weekends I will go out with a few of my biker friends. The group has some of everything in it, FJRs, Concours, a Harley and a new Victory. I don't really care what you ride,I have what I have and am very happy with it.
    My style varies so riding alone is best to me. If I want to blast the twisties,I don't have to worry about someone keeping up , or riding past their limit, I just go. Dont tell, but I frequently exceed the speed limit...
    I have a 96 1000F which cover my 'light speed' jamming but I have ridden it less since I've had my F6. Never wanted to own an HD ,though I like the styling of some of them. Don't understand attitude of any of the brands. The way I see it, you buy what you want or can afford and enjoy it.
    I like driving to a rally like the Wing Ding( my first )last year. Did an Iron Butt but it took me 25 hours to complete -I was not prepared for that . Doing it again this year.
    I'll ride with anyone ,just don't bar hop,rarely drink or smoke when I'm riding. If I dont like the company, I 'll point my bike a different way.
    Rode for the first and last time with huge group(>50 bikes) last summer. It was terrible,wont do that again...
    Figure I'm just a down to earth fella and enjoy like company - like most would.
    Loving my F6B !!!

Been riding since '78ish, Kaws, Suzis, Harleys, trikes and hacks. Worked at half a dozen bike shops as a kid, still avid and rabid for the sport. I've always worked weird shifts so finding riding buds has not been easy, but I've never minded riding solo, nothing makes me feel more alive, or more content with my life than riding. I don't find my identity in things, I'm not into brands (reminds me too much of my gfs Gucci handbag mania) so whether it's got two wheels or three, it's all good with me. I try to treat everyone as a brother on the road, even the Vespa riders, well they're like baby brothers. This kind of sums it all up to me, a quote from Jospeh Campbell one of my inpirers," What is the meaning of life? What is the meaning of life to a flower? What we're are seeking is not the meaning of life, but an experience of life." So all things said, motorcycles are the only machine that can turn gasoline into poetry and that's good enough for me.
    ss^,
    Ken

define yourself

raised on Harleys and dirt bikes,father had Harleys............. "who travels fastest travels alone"............"if you run with the wolves dont trip"..........

If I fit any category, it's Sport Tourer. I wear all the gear, I have a Roadcrafter and a Schuberth, and I pretty much only get on the bike if I'm going to do at least 250 miles. Most of my riding is multiday trips (and I'll put 15,000 miles on my F6B before its first year of ownership is up). I bought the F6B because I think it's a great sport touring platform for 80% of the riding that I do and it's insanely comfortable and accommodating. That 20% where it's not the best fit is the really tight stuff, 20 mph turns and such where the wheelbase and weight really come into play, but on balance I don't mind the tradeoff. There's nothing like being able to hammer up and down I-5 at 85 mph in comfort, listening to music and audiobooks through the stereo system with grade A wind protection. That ride would punish me on any other bike I've owned.

Riding is my great escape. When the winter comes, it's like being cooped up, fidgety.

I ride almost always alone. Done the group sport riding thing on VFR's, too many heroes.

It can be 30 minutes or a SS1000, the B takes me away and calms my soul.

I never worry about packing, especially with the givi top box, I can go anywhere there's pavement, it'll carve when I nudge the bars and eat interstate if I'm in the mood to hustle.

I cut out at least a full week every year to hop on and just wander far from home.

It let's me live in New England and consider the Dragon a day trip each way.

Mostly a loaner, live to ride. BMW K1200LT (3rd one) for touring, F6B for closer to home. Sure do love the F6b!! Tried golf, boating, etc., always return to riding. Actually prefer the superslab for longer trips, typically do 400-500 miles a day on longer trips. 90% of longer trips are with wife on the back, she loves to ride also. Retiring this year, so more riding coming. Don't ride with groups, don't have time or energy to put up with the ego's and other BS. Not interested in contentious debates about darksiding, synthetic vs petro base oils or whether counter-steering is a myth. This will be my first message on this site if it works.

usually ride with a group, but solo rides as well. I am a LIFE MEMBER of HOG. Our dealer closed about 3-4 years ago, so haven't been an active HOG member since then. Have been riding less the last few years, that is one reason for the F6B purchase, hope it gets me back out on the road more....longer trips. Have done many 700+ mile days but haven't in a few years. Looking forward to some this spring and summer! Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    Mostly a loaner, live to ride. BMW K1200LT (3rd one) for touring, F6B for closer to home. Sure do love the F6b!! Tried golf, boating, etc., always return to riding. Actually prefer the superslab for longer trips, typically do 400-500 miles a day on longer trips. 90% of longer trips are with wife on the back, she loves to ride also. Retiring this year, so more riding coming. Don't ride with groups, don't have time or energy to put up with the ego's and other BS. Not interested in contentious debates about darksiding, synthetic vs petro base oils or whether counter-steering is a myth. This will be my first message on this site if it works.
    Welcome, I had 3 LT's myself, and several other BMW's. Used to have 2 or 3 bikes in the garage, not anymore, this one serves all my riding needs.

OWNSELF

Quote Originally Posted by Elin in So. Cal. View Post
    Having a thought about this in another thread, I thought it would be fun to see how similar or different we are as a demographic for owning and riding the F6B.

So here's a couple of questions:

How different or similar are you in thinking and lifestyles from the following:

Gold Wing owners/riders
    Harley Davidson owners/riders
    Other brand riders (Yamaha, Suzuki, Indian, Victory)

I'm not asking about why you chose the F6B, but if you personally consider yourself different from other generalized motorcycle owners/groups.

Interesting to think about who we are as riders and owners.

Well.......I just don't relate to any one group over the other. I have friends that ride in all categories. I also have certain opinions about them but as someone stated here already....Opinions are like.....well you get the picture. I more or less do my own thing. I like my black leather chaps, vest, jacket, gloves and top that off with my cowboy boots. I sometimes wear a helmet but not all the time. I mostly ride with my girlfriend on the back or alone. I know and ride with a few Harley guys on occasion but not regularly. My one buddy is Hogg Chapter President and invites me to all their rides.......ya know.....I have never gone on one. My neighbor is a BMW rider and I have never ridden with him.
    I got my first bike at 8 years old. I have had many a crash on a motocross track, I have had a few desert racing high speed get-offs and have been down on the asphalt too. Broken bones, cuts, scrapes and hurt pride all rolled into one. BUT! If it's in your blood, no matter what, you always come back for more. And as always, that is just my 2 cents worth of that.