Gas prices ... will they hit $1.50 ??? - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Gas prices ... will they hit $1.50 ???

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    $1.98 today

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Is this a tear in my eye ?????? just recently hear in the land down under our petrol price has dropped from a $1.50 roughly a litre to around $1.10 a litre.
    Oh an theirs about 4 liters to the Gallon, So currently round $4.00 a gallon from $6.00 a gallon.
    Ohhhh and it wasn't a tear it was sweat

I paid 1.29 a gal., yesterday with my grocery store discount. There are thousands of lay offs happening here in the oil patch. Like I said, enjoy it while u can, when it turns, look out.

Quote Originally Posted by terrydj View Post
    just recently hear in the land down under our petrol price has dropped from a $1.50 roughly a litre to around $1.10 a litre.

We're at $0.79 CDN /litre = $0.63 US /litre

We were at $1.96 a few days ago then it when up to $1.99 and now it's at $2.05.

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    We were at $1.96 a few days ago then it when up to $1.99 and now it's at $2.05.
    The BP refinery in Whiting Indiana is probably going to have a strike starting Monday so look for gas prices to start rising in the Midwest.

Quote Originally Posted by jaygollner View Post
    The BP refinery in Whiting Indiana is probably going to have a strike starting Monday so look for gas prices to start rising in the Midwest.
    It looks like some of the Texas refineries could be going out on strike Monday as well. At least all of my gas tanks are full.

94 drilling rigs shut down last week. This is not going to end well.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    This is exactly what the Arabs wanted to happen.Filled my tank today with 1.97 regular.It will go back up and the rich will get richer and like always the middle class will take it in the arsss.The new World economy at work

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post

It will eventually balance itself out. There are still close to 1,600 still working in the USA and Gulf of Mexico. 400 in Canada alone.

The rig counts internationally continue to increase in a few middle eastern countries, not every oil producer belongs to OPEC and there are several countries pumping more oil then they have ever done in past years. Everyone wants a slice of the pie.

$30-$40 a Barrel would be nice for at least 3-4 years. You would see the world economies rebound. Just my scientific wild ass guess

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.