?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ?

?

hey everyone, hope thanksgiving was great for everybody. Now, question..... what was the crappiest/junk motorcycle you ever owned ? hands down for me a 2002 buell blast. traded around some other stuff for it, thought it would be a breeze to "tune up". WRONG! what a p.o.s. i've leaned a lot about keeping them running. lets hear some good ones!

I guess I have been lucky... the only POS if ever owned was a Chey Camaro I had special ordered per my instructions...76 miles later the rear end fell out on the turnpike...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Yeah, I bought a 1978 FLH when Harley was owned by AMF.
    I was a POS from the day I picked it up. I paid for it again in repairs in just over 4 years. Never looked at Harley since then.

2007 HD Street Glide. Engine problems, electrical problems, handling problems, braking problems. Traded it in on the F6B.

3 BMWs
    3 Harleys
    2 Hondas
    2 Kawis
    1 Hayabusa

None were a lemon, guess I have gotten lucky, worst quality issue for me was the F6B paint. Maybe I don't keep my bikes long enough...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

2013 harley roadglide. Electrical problems.

KZ400, that thing with it's jello frame, was trying to kill me. That was followed by a KZ650 with redneck rigging, that used to short out and either die or catch fire. But the biggest POS (because it cost 10 x more than the others), was an 06 Harley Streetglide, which while it was fun when it worked, had more gremlins in it than the movie Gremlins.
    ss^,
    Ken

'73 (AMF) Ironhead Sportster.
    Right foot shift led to occasional operator error.
    Weird 'trons led to the bike dying. Found 3 shorts in the center tube for the Eng Cut Off switch.
    Rewired the whole thing.
    Then everything else with a wire started failing because it was suddenly getting voltage.
    Got that all sorted. Bike ran fine.
    Sold it to a collector who was going to restore it.
    He called me a week later and wanted to know my "unique color coding" for the new wire I installed.
    I had to email it to him, as all of the colors were different.
    He then explained to me, in very UN-Christian terms, that I should have disclosed this anomaly at the time of the sale and he wanted some $$$ consideration.
    I told him that that thought never even occurred to me as the bike was running fine and if he wanted any money he could come back to my house and we could talk about it.
    He hasn't shown yet.....been a year now.
    Bike wasn't really a POS, it was almost 30 years old when I bought it and 40 years old when I sold it. It was just temperamental and screaming for some TLC.

Victory Cross Roads. Nothing but problems and the dealer was useless too. Modern bikes shouldn't come standard with oil leaks and electrical issues.

Out of 9 Harleys, 9 customs, 2 Triumphs, 2 Suzukis, 2 Buells, 2 Hondas, 1 each Aprillia, Victory and Norton the only bikes that I have had that qualify for POS status are 2 BMWs.

2006 K1200S terrible cold stalling and final drive failure at 45,000 miles

2007 K1200GT continually stalled out at random and at 88,000 miles catastrophic cam chain failure resulting in bent valves and head damage ($13,000 repair picked up by an aftermarket extended warranty company)

I was a Beta tester for over engineered machinery which is why I landed on the proven GL1800 platform!