Things that I would like to do. Need ur help - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things that I would like to do. Need ur help

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    Plz forgive my ignorance but ru telling me that using lowering link from lower my wing will only lower the rear end and not the whole bike ? If thats the case I already have the lower progressive fork and will use that then. Now will the Traxxion springs work with Lower progressive forks ?

I hope traxxion rear suspension does not raise the bike. I did not want this thread about seat but more about lowering the bike and suspension upgrade. I'm sure I'll get the ultimate but just wanted to know if Ultimate seat was same as original seat or made you sit higher. I'm more concerned about lowering my bike and upgrading my suspeniosn to Traxxion. I know the whole front Traxxion suspension kit cost around $ 1200 and rear $550. I was wondering if I can use front Lower progressive link with Traxxion spring which is $129 ?
    What I am saying is to spend a little money at a time.... see what the results are and see if you need to move forward... short answer is yes, install the Progressive mono tubes... check result.... the front of a GL1800 rides high in the front.... start there and ride it for a while...

What I meant about the seat is there is very little padding before you are on the floor of the seat pan, sacrificing comfort... try it and see what your results are...

Here is a pic of my bike, lowered by Progressive in the front... the back is stock....low,long,lean...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Which Ultimate are you wanting? I think the "Mid rider" maintains stock height while the "King rider"(or whatever they call the one for large guys)will sit you 1" higher and 1" further back. I think the Mid rider also brings you a bit closer to the bars.
    This was my experience with the Mid Rider as well. It feels about the same height as stock but slightly closer to the bars. The Ultimate improved my comfort time in the saddle by at least 50%.
    Ken (Hornblower)