Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Off-Topic - Political Commentary

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Off-Topic - Political Commentary

Off-Topic - Political Commentary

I ask that we keep the comments civil,

Thank You in advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dLYHZ4dsZI

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Sadly all seems to be true...The only thing accomplished by the latest riots is pushing back race relations for 50 more years... Does any one remember seeing the race riots of the 60's ? I could not tell the difference in MO. except for cars and clothing...so nothing has changed in 55 years except the players. Seems to me what we have is a authority problem...with no father figure in the home of, what 80% of families, there is no or little adult supervision and authority in the home. So the child grows up thinking he/she does not need to listen to any one much less a authoritative figure. When I grew up, I had respect for my parents, I could not imagine the wrath from my parents if a teacher called and God forbid a police officer come by the house...my world would have stopped turning. If someone, anyone told me to do something, I had better do it or they would call my mom and that I would regret not doing it...Not sure what happened in the families today, I think parents want to be their child's friend instead of a parent. There is nothing wrong with our legal system, it is the best in the world. The only thing wrong is the law is not carried out, but put on hold for 30 years until all appeals are done and then maybe the law is enforced. Oh well we will not change it here...sadly this will get worse until society puts a stop to it...and that will be ugly...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

You're right on Steve.
    But one additional thing ... the President's office shouldn't be used as a forum for personal rants. Obama doesn't seem to respect the office and his role as previous presidents have.

Attachment 9980

Steve you are so right !!!

Well said, Steve
    Ken (Hornblower)

Steve , you hit the nail right on the head. Today's youth have been coddled and not taught any respect. Where I worked (recently retired) we hired a lot of new employees and with absolutely no work ethic, just want to stare at their cell phones. And bad attitudes.
    2013 F6B in black of course

If something doesn't blatantly advertise "Immediate Self-Gratification" - most of today's youth will not go near it.

Lots of 20-somethings in my workplace.
    Always waiting to be told to do something. No initiative.
    Can't conduct 2-way communication - send it via email/text/Twitter and forget about it.
    Can't communicate face-to-face.
    Can't deal with any sort of confrontation.
    Will not help each other out.
    Can't make a decision until they "google" it.
    Only solution is to whine about something, louder and louder, same verbiage over and over, until they are coddled (great word, DaWadd!).
    "I wish my life had a "Back" button."
    "I need a game controller for this job."
    "My game computer is so much better than this POS at work."

I am in a non-supervisory role for a damn good reason.
    I despise paperwork.
    Think of all the paperwork and complaints to be processed if I was their supervisor.
    Dumb asses need to do yard work - and lots of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GNW View Post
    Attachment 9980

Steve you are so right !!!
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    If something doesn't blatantly advertise "Immediate Self-Gratification" - most of today's youth will not go near it.

Lots of 20-somethings in my workplace.
    Always waiting to be told to do something. No initiative.
    Can't conduct 2-way communication - send it via email/text/Twitter and forget about it.
    Can't communicate face-to-face.
    Can't deal with any sort of confrontation.
    Will not help each other out.
    Can't make a decision until they "google" it.
    Only solution is to whine about something, louder and louder, same verbiage over and over, until they are coddled (great word, DaWadd!).
    "I wish my life had a "Back" button."
    "I need a game controller for this job."
    "My game computer is so much better than this POS at work."

I am in a non-supervisory role for a damn good reason.
    I despise paperwork.
    Think of all the paperwork and complaints to be processed if I was their supervisor.
    Dumb asses need to do yard work - and lots of it.
    Agree with everything you say except "most". I teach at a high school with 2600 students and there are many like you say, but it is not most just some and we all know in today's world the minority gets most of the attention. I coach the wrestling team and have 50 athletes who do not in any way get instant gratification. It is a sport that takes at least 2 years of working out and learning to be successful. I also run a large Criminal Justice Program where the fourth year is the one with all the goodies (internships, etc.) They have to put in the first three to get there. There are lots of good kids out there, it just easier to see and hear the idiots.

I remember being a teenager in the 70's and listening to my parents say what a bunch of idiots we were. Some of us have done quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Agree with everything you say except "most". I teach at a high school with 2600 students and there are many like you say, but it is not most just some and we all know in today's world the minority gets most of the attention. I coach the wrestling team and have 50 athletes who do not in any way get instant gratification. It is a sport that takes at least 2 years of working out and learning to be successful. I also run a large Criminal Justice Program where the fourth year is the one with all the goodies (internships, etc.) They have to put in the first three to get there. There are lots of good kids out there, it just easier to see and hear the idiots.

I remember being a teenager in the 70's and listening to my parents say what a bunch of idiots we were. Some of us have done quite well.
    I'm really glad to hear that from someone as engaged with youth as yourself.
    Since my daughters are no longer in high school, I seldom deal with that age group anymore.
    Most - there's that word again - athletes understand long term goals and the sacrifices required - good on you for keeping that alive.
    I tip my hat to you - not sure if I could be a teacher under the current rules and regs.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce