Powdered coated stock pipes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Powdered coated stock pipes

Powdered coated stock pipes

Just to let you all know that where I bought my bike, they sell the stock pipes powdered coated black. It includes the front trim pieces also. I think they were a tad over $400.00 but I can't remember. They also sell the Kury floor boards and heal toe shifter and the Kury brake lever powdered coated black as a set. I ordered these for my bike along with a black (powdered coated) front fender extender.

Got any pics of the floor boards and shifter....dealership ????
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

[QUOTE=stepbill;23841]Just to let you all know that where I bought my bike, they sell the stock pipes powdered coated black. It includes the front trim pieces also. I think they were a tad over $400.00 but I can't remember. QUOTE]

It will be interesting to see how the powder coat holds up. It is usually cured at 400°F and if it gets much hotter it will melt off. Because the stock exhaust you see is really a shield it might stay cool enough to stay put. I assume they have tried it before otherwise I suggest not being the Beta tester.

Interesting. I called a local place here in Phoenix and they told me the stock exhaust wouldn't hold up to the heat of powder coating. I don't know anything about the process.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Interesting. I called a local place here in Phoenix and they told me the stock exhaust wouldn't hold up to the heat of powder coating. I don't know anything about the process.
    Glad I passed on it!!!!

Some one had their heat shields done I think twice But it
    did not hold up cant find the post but it is posted on the
    forum some place.

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    Just to let you all know that where I bought my bike, they sell the stock pipes powdered coated black. It includes the front trim pieces also. I think they were a tad over $400.00 but I can't remember. They also sell the Kury floor boards and heal toe shifter and the Kury brake lever powdered coated black as a set. I ordered these for my bike along with a black (powdered coated) front fender extender.
    I got my stock brake lever powder coated for $20.00 and got a black plastic fender extender so there are these options available also
    Ride it like you stole it

[QUOTE=1951vbs;23855]
    Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    Just to let you all know that where I bought my bike, they sell the stock pipes powdered coated black. It includes the front trim pieces also. I think they were a tad over $400.00 but I can't remember. QUOTE]

It will be interesting to see how the powder coat holds up. It is usually cured at 400°F and if it gets much hotter it will melt off. Because the stock exhaust you see is really a shield it might stay cool enough to stay put. I assume they have tried it before otherwise I suggest not being the Beta tester.
    i was "considering" using VHT 650 degree rated, any thoughts?
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

My trim shields on the pipes are powder coated to match my Rush pipes and so far they have been fine
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

[QUOTE=coffee_weasle;23861]
    Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post

i was "considering" using VHT 650 degree rated, any thoughts?
    I think that's a great idea. I wanted to do it myself but couldn't find the time. Riding kept getting in the way. Now I'm getting chrome Cobra's so I guess I don't need to think about it anymore.