New black Goldwing pipes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New black Goldwing pipes

New black Goldwing pipes

Does anyone know if the new black gold wing pipes can be put on the F6B. I may not want the deeper growl advertised for the new 2015 black F6B pipes. Just weighing my options. Thanks.

Dawg, my Loud ass mufflers are 2004 from my first wing. When I want to bug people I put them on for a bit. When I get to the can't stand them, I switch back. The gen II Wing is still assembled with a good number of original 2001 Goldwing parts.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Black pipes

When I looked at the new wing, the black pipes are the same tone as all 1800 wings.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow rex View Post
    When I looked at the new wing, the black pipes are the same tone as all 1800 wings.
    Yes, they are quiet like I want them. The 2015 F6B pipes will be louder(like the new Valkyrie sound) and I'm not sure I will like that. That is why I wanted to know if I could put the 2015 black Goldwing pipes on a new F6B.

You have heard the 2015 ???
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

No, I've read the descriptions from honda and read somewhere that it will sound louder and deeper like the new valkyrie. I owned a 2014 valkyrie and prefer the sound of my 2013 F6B at highway speeds, especially if I'm trying to listen to talking on the radio like a football game. Am I the only person on this forum who doesn't want louder pipes?

No, you are not the only one. When I was looking at getting a new F6B, the louder pipes was a negative.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

Black pipes

I did not hear them on a F6b but I did hear them on red and black 2015 anniversary wing.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow rex View Post
    I did not hear them on a F6b but I did hear them on red and black 2015 anniversary wing.
    I don't think you are understanding the conversation. Yes, the pipes on the 2015 F6B and the 2015 Goldwing are both black. However, Honda has specifically said in their press releases that the pipes on the F6B will have a deeper meaner sound to them. They did not say that the sound of the Goldwing pipes were going to change, so I would fully expect that you thought they sounded the same as previous Goldwing pipes.

So, I will assume your other option is to paint the ones you have? To me that is & will be my next project.
    I don't want louder either
    2013 Black F6B
    2010 Victory Cross Country
    2005 R1
    2010 Ducati Multistrada (its a keeper)
    450 KTM (strictly motocross)
    Husqvarna SMR 510

+ a few more.

Past - way too many to mention