need advise on what fog lamps to get... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need advise on what fog lamps to get...

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Would love to see a pic of these mounted on your bike! Also, could you post a link to the lights you bought on Amazon.

Carl
    2013 Black Smoke Chrome LE Honda Goldwing F6B 04/26/2014
    2007 Blue/White Suzuki M109R LE 05/02/2007
    2003 Candy Red Honda VTX1800C 04/01/2005
    1999 Black/Red Honda Valkyrie Interstate 05/05/2012 (Sold 7/25/15)
    1973 Gold Honda CB750 Four 04/16/2010

Like Steve. Installed 960s from bike MP3. work great day or night. easy install! Low volt draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Would love to see a pic of these mounted on your bike! Also, could you post a link to the lights you bought on Amazon.
    me too

I think I found the link for the lights Navvet posted:

http://www.amazon.com/1260lm-Cree-Sp...ight+for+boats

I still would like to see these lights mounted. How about it, Navvet? And, while you're at it, how about a description of how they work...light projection, pattern, etc.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Adding to the above post...after reading the reviews on Amazon, the overall rating is good, about 4 1/2 out of 5 but there are some issues. The main complaint was the lights produce more of a flood pattern as opposed to being spot lights as advertised. Several complained about the mounting hardware rusting quickly and moisture getting inside the housings. And, of course, you have to come up with your own wiring harness and fusing. The light color is advertised as 6K but some mentioned the light being somewhat blue (that is typical for 6K + lights). Other than that, most felt you get what you pay for with this product. So, from what I see, these don't project much light down the road but are quite bright to look at, if that's what you're looking for.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Hornblower your right, that is the correct link for the lights. I went with them because they are made to be used on a boat and should not have any problems on a bike. I read about some people complaining about the rust, but that was mainly in a salt water environment.

The wiring was not difficult, I used the connector kits from Cyclemax and they mated up with the factory wiring. Just some quick crimps (or soldering if you can) and they plug right in. Same with the switch.

Here's some pic's of the finished job, please excuse the dirt, I ride it to work every day.Also ignore the mess in the garage, I am only about half way finished building it.

Attachment 10077Attachment 10076Attachment 10075Attachment 10078Attachment 10079

As I said before I tend to ride into work @5:00am on country roads and interstate. I have not had anyone flashing their lights at me ....yet..... The lights brighten up the road about half way between the low beams and high and really light up the highway sings from a long ways off. They work fantastic in heavy fog, I can see the road clearly for several hundred feet.

All said, I am happy with them. I am so happy, I ordered 6 more and a 12v power supply and am going to install them for the outside lighting for my new garage ......

Navvet--Thanks for the pics I was wondering if you were going to mount those in the lower cowl. I see you added lights in the rear too! One thing is for sure...you are conspicuous. Well done
    Ken (Hornblower)

Nav- you never said anything about those lights on the bags? Fess Up!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Just cheep strip LED's from AdvanceAuto put on with body tape and wired to the running lights.

Like Hornblower said, I like to be seen at night .......