need advise on what fog lamps to get...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need advise on what fog lamps to get...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

need advise on what fog lamps to get...

I want to buy and install a pair of fog lights in the lower cowl of my 2013 F6B standard....

Don't do much night riding anymore, so am interested in some daytime-type running lights that will show up the best during the day.....as low wattage as possible... to run constantly with low beams....and ... something fairly easy to wire in and mount.....don't want much do I ?

Has anyone out there seen a setup like that ??? Or am I in fantasy light land ??? I would truly appreciate anyone who might point me to brand or site online...

Shaker

I have the Honda accessory fog light kit. It is expensive, but of high quality. It is all plug and play, but there is quite a bit of wiring required.

Here's a set of cheaper, very bright kits. They are also plug and play.

http://wingstuff.com/products/34416-...ing_lights-f6b

If I were to do it all over again, this is the kit I would buy.

There is a new product coming to market that has a matching lamp shape to the fog light housing. There is no report yet on the quality or brightness, but they do fit nicely.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...ll=1#post55895

++++++ either one...the 960's are proven and VERY bright !!! Perfect for daytime riding!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...ower-cowl-help
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I have the 960s on my wish list. So many accessories---so little time. and money
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks, guys...for the sit info for fog lights search...

I found 2 fog light products at the BikeMP3 site....that were more daytime running lights and not as high watts or lumens as the 960s you mentioned...

Wonder if anyone out there has or tried these....both from BikeMP3....if so, please give me your advise and opinions of each...for daytime...24/7 ..use, Thanks

LED Sharks lights...single 15 watt on each side HGW-LGT-S12...come with rectangular plastic insert and silicone glue....switch is extra...

4 LED element Daytime Running lights...no wattage given....HGW-012-DRL.....comes with rect. plastic inserts and glue.....no switch...most run 24/7 with engine...

any info would be great.....thanks....Shaker

I just installed the fog lights from SoCalMoto. Very pleased with the results, plus, they match the color of their HID Lo Beams and their switchback turn signals.

Quote Originally Posted by sshake1905 View Post
    I want to buy and install a pair of fog lights in the lower cowl of my 2013 F6B standard....
    Don't do much night riding anymore, so am interested in some daytime-type running lights that will show up the best during the day.....as low wattage as possible... to run constantly with low beams....and ... something fairly easy to wire in and mount.....don't want much do I ?
    Based on your original questions above, I believe several general comments are in order. First, I agree with your idea of adding lights to become more conspicuous. My only advice here is to add lights to both front and rear. For the front, DRL's are such a good idea. I have them on all my cars and the F6B. To show up best in daytime, they do need to be bright and, they can be bright without drawing a lot of power. The best way to do that, IMHO, is to go with LED lights. If you shop around, you'll find that you have several choices. BTW, these lights don't necessarily have to be rectangular to look good in the lower cowl openings. Trim or filler plates are often used to make that look right even with round lights. For a bright LED, look for something in the 10 watt range. That happens to be a very common size. An LED rated at 10 watts should produce 800 to 1000 lumens. The other great thing about LED's, especially when you want to run them all the time, is that they usually have a long life, somewhere in the 30,000 to 50,000 hour range. For continous running, you won't even need an on/off switch unless you want one, of course. As far as wiring, plugs are already provided for lower cowl lights so if the lights you purchase were made for Goldwings, they should plug right in.
    Ken (Hornblower)

The short video on the 960s are what sold me. As stated, the idea is to be seen and not just have something else glowing and looking pretty. (This ain't a Harley, you know)
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know I will probably get a lot of grief from some folks here, but I cannot see paying the kind of money most places want for LED fog lights. I installed 18w Cree Led Work (Spot) Light for boats from amazon, $29.00 for the pair. They are waterproof and put out a ton of light, mainly in the "center spot" with a bit of extra splash all around. I live in the country and ride into work @ 5am each day. They light up the road at night great (especially the sides of the road) while not blinding other drivers.

Attachment 10046

A couple of the 2 wire plug connectors from Cyclemax to connect to the factory harness and a waterproof SPST switch and the job is done for less than $50.

Just my 2 cents worth .....

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post
    I know I will probably get a lot of grief from some folks here, but I cannot see paying the kind of money most places want for LED fog lights. I installed 18w Cree Led Work (Spot) Light for boats from amazon, $29.00 for the pair. They are waterproof and put out a ton of light, mainly in the "center spot" with a bit of extra splash all around. I live in the country and ride into work @ 5am each day. They light up the road at night great (especially the sides of the road) while not blinding other drivers.

Attachment 10046

A couple of the 2 wire plug connectors from Cyclemax to connect to the factory harness and a waterproof SPST switch and the job is done for less than $50.

Just my 2 cents worth .....
    Would love to see a pic of these mounted on your bike! Also, could you post a link to the lights you bought on Amazon.
    Ken (Hornblower)