Shipping a motorcycle??

Thread: Shipping a motorcycle??

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina

Shipping a motorcycle??

Hello all,

Looks as if Carmen is going to purchase the 2013 Honda F6B Standard out of Texas for 12k OTD. Brand new out of crate 2 months ago.

I am going to have it shipped to South Carolina. Who do you guys and gals suggest that I use for shipping? Any thoughts?

New 2013 for Carmen.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneRider66 View Post
    Hello all,

Looks as if Carmen is going to purchase the 2013 Honda F6B Standard out of Texas for 12k OTD. Brand new out of crate 2 months ago.

I am going to have it shipped to South Carolina. Who do you guys and gals suggest that I use for shipping? Any thoughts?
    Great deal. There are several good trucking companies specializing in motorcycle transport in Texas. I would avoid national discounters like Haul Bikes, which use aggregated packing to achieve lower prices but quality suffers, and they don't stand behind their zero deductable insurance policy--don't ask me how I know.

Hello all,

I have used Allied Shipping and Keyboard Motorcycle Shipping with good results.

alliedmotorcycleshipping.com
    keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com

Hello all,

I have shipped many bikes across the country with several shippers over the years and the only shipper I will recommend is https://motorcycleshippers.com/ they have given me the best service, on time and the care they take is unbelievable. They treat every bike as if it was their own plus you can check online to see where it is when in rout. I just shipped one of my new Runes from west Virginia to here on the left coast took 2 weeks and the bike arrived in immaculate condition. No they are not the cheapest, but their service is second to none.
    They are the best in my book!

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I have shipped many bikes across the country with several shippers over the years and the only shipper I will recommend is https://motorcycleshippers.com/ they have given me the best service, on time and the care they take is unbelievable. They treat every bike as if it was their own plus you can check online to see where it is when in rout. I just shipped one of my new Runes from west Virginia to here on the left coast took 2 weeks and the bike arrived in immaculate condition. No they are not the cheapest, but their service is second to none.
    They are the best in my book!
    Agree, Motorcycle Shippers do a great job. I used them to ship my Ducati from Sacremento to Phoenix. On time and zero drama, paid a little more but worth every penny.

Hello all,

PM the Phantom...he uses one...may be the same one Larry is recommending ...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

uship.com

You put the job out for bid. Outfits bid on the job. The outfits have reviews by folks that have used them to ship stuff. Weed thru the reviews and what they can commit to schedule-wise, then contract them. You pay up front with the website serving as the escrow agent not releasing funds until the delivery is complete.

Had great luck with this process shipping the MG from southern CA to SW Missouri. Picked up on schedule and delivered early. Best of all..not a scratch on her!
    '88 FLST
    '95 Ducati 916
    '04 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans
    '06 FLHX
    '09 Buell 1125R
    '13 F6B
    '17 BMW R Nine T Racer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    PM the Phantom...he uses one...may be the same one Larry is recommending ...
    Thanks Steve, I have used Keyboard Transport several times. Not one issue and I like their motorcycle attachment platform. Once your bike is secured on their platform, it doesn't get moved around on it's own wheels or tipped over. It's a custom Steel Pallet.

Russell …… Texas is part of their coverage area. For $625 and includes a $20,000 insurance policy …. It's my choice

http://www.keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com/rates.asp

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I shipped my f6b from Charlotte, NC to Sonoma, CA last January for about $700.
    The trip took about 10 days. The bike was delivered to my house none the worse for wear; no damage whatsoever. I used Federal STI. You can contact Judy Gordon - 800-747-4100 x 2799.

Use a dedicated cycle hauler, I had success with Daily Direct. Don't use a broker who will contract out to any old company, you could end up with your scooter crammed into a trailer with gods know what. Mine was trashed when I got it and since deregulation of the shipping industry they will only pay you pennies on the dollar for any damage they do.
    ss^,
    Ken